Looking for a proven lab breeder

mclay03

I know this has been asked a thousand times but I am looking for a proven lab breeder that has raised great hunting labs one that you have had dealings with or know someone who has. Thanks

ngaduck

Banned
Check the classifieds at retrievertraining.net. There are always nice litters showing up on there. I wouldn't necessarily look at "breeders." Some of the best dogs come from individuals that only have 1 or 2 litters a year. There are not very many of these said breeders that I would recommend. Most are not in it for the right reasons which should be to produce a better dog.

Joe Overby

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
x2

Tag-a-long

^^^
X3

But it's also just as important to know the difference between a 'hobby' breeder that does a couple litters a year and a "backyard breeder" that does a couple litters a year.

Look for someone that does health clearances on their dogs and someone that runs their dogs in hunt tests.

carolinagreenhead

^^^
X3

But it's also just as important to know the difference between a 'hobby' breeder that does a couple litters a year and a "backyard breeder" that does a couple litters a year.

Look for someone that does health clearances on their dogs and someone that runs their dogs in hunt tests.

What is the difference in the hobby breeder to the backyard breeder?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
PM at you