hole in boot of wader....need help

GADawg08

well ive been duck huntin for about nine seasons now and am only on my second pair of waders which is not bad compared to some guys i know. both of the pairs ive had, ive managed to but a hole in the side of the boot. on the pair ive got now, the hole is kinda on the right side of the left boot and its right where my toes bend.ive tried gorilla glue which works for a little while, but like i said the hole is where my toes bend so it kinda cracks the glue and it starts back leaking. you guys got any suggestions? i have my wife on standby to get me another pair for christmas just in case. but obviously, i need a pair to wear until then so i'd like to fix mine

chadf

I used aqua seal on mine. Got it from bass pro inthe wader section.

I got a new pair of waders last year, second time out a beaver cut off went right throughout the side of my boot, inch below where neoprene meets. I used a tire patch and aqua sealed the snot out of it. Held so far..........

mattuga

Banned
I was running around Bowmans island after a day of trout fishing racing the clock for the river release and busted a hole right thru the foot part of the waders. I used the FlexSeal stuff you see on the infomercial (seals a screen door on bottom of jon boat) and it works great plus I have a handy spray seal around the house now. It costs about $10 at the hardware store and cures within 24 hours. I used it and was on the marsh the next day.

GADawg08

I was running around Bowmans island after a day of trout fishing racing the clock for the river release and busted a hole right thru the foot part of the waders. I used the FlexSeal stuff you see on the infomercial (seals a screen door on bottom of jon boat) and it works great plus I have a handy spray seal around the house now. It costs about $10 at the hardware store and cures within 24 hours. I used it and was on the marsh the next day.

yeah i forgot about this stuff. thanks bud

steveus

I had a large hole in my wader boot also, used Shoo-Goo, several layers, roughed up each layer with sandpaper before next layer, has worked perfectly for 2 years now.

USMC0844

Not trying to hijack the thread but what about through the sole? 1st time out with my brand new MPW Big Ditch and put a 4in. piece of bamboo straight through the sole and almost into my foot. Mack's won't exchange them because its not a factory defect.

wray912

If its not on a seam take it to the local tire shop and have them put a tire patch over it just like they would a tire did it to mine to years ago and no problems yet

little rascal

for cracks and

splits where boots bend or flex, "Liquid Nails" and it's tan colored.