Best all around call...

labradoodle

Banned
Maybe you haven't really heard one cause i can promise you i can call more ducks in with my toxic than i can with my rnt or echo

or maybe i have. when you call the owner of a company because an insert WILL NOT come out of a call and he informs you to stick it in a freezer for a while to get the insert out. so if you needed to make an infield tune how do you do this? have a refrigerator with you at all times? the new ones looke like grafitti garbage as well.

i like to spend money on quality.

their calls do sound good especially their goose calls, but lacking craftsmanship imo

hunter797

or maybe i have. when you call the owner of a company because an insert WILL NOT come out of a call and he informs you to stick it in a freezer for a while to get the insert out. so if you needed to make an infield tune how do you do this? have a refrigerator with you at all times? the new ones looke like grafitti garbage as well.

i like to spend money on quality.

their calls do sound good especially their goose calls, but lacking craftsmanship imo

I have had a RNT that i had to put in the freezer and use big welding gloves on to pull apart. Actually a lot of calls will do this.

dukslayer10

Well I have never had problems with my personal call pulling apart. Toxic calls I believe have that happen because they aren't even acrylic so this is one reason and also why they are cheaper than most duck calls.

ngaduck

Banned
I do believe that Toxic calls are acrylic. Not turned acrylic, but poured.

Folsom

Banned
Toxic calls don't sound awful if you really know how to run a call and if that is the case you can make most any call sound ok. Toxic is cheaply made and you will have to play with them out of the box.

You have a lot of options you can go with. A few questions you want to ask your self before purchasing a call would be....
What ducks do you target the most?
Where are you going to hunt Georgia or a true flyway state?
Are you really wanting to commit and make yourself an above average duck caller or would you be happy just to be happy not to scare birds away.

If you are just planning on hunting Ga 90% of the time and could care less about really practicing on how to run a call. I believe a good echo half and half would be great. They don't have great volume but they are very forgiving and easy to control. If you want to really get with it, look into hobo, echo, lares, rnt, or other call companies for a good acrylic single reed.

dukslayer10

Well yeah, that might be the case. but I am not 100% sure. I know its a different type of material. This is one reason why I believe that its cheaper than most calls.

duckhunter2010

In the market for a new duck call. What would yall say is the best all around duck call for the $100 range??? I just ran across Toxic Calls but im not sure if they are any good or not, anybody have any experience with them? I have worked with cheaper calls for a while now and i just want to make a little step up. Any help is appreciated!

Best all-around call for me would be the RNT Short Barrel. Is it my favorite call, no, but in terms of being extremely versatile, its near the top of the list.

MrDuckKiller

All this has been a lot of help. I dont want to just be able to call good enough where the ducks wont scare away, i want to get really good eventually, and thats why i have been practicing constantly. Calling would be a hobby of its own, not just for hunting.