Suggestions & Advice

jimmy ballard jr

I have a pup that is kinda mouthy here and there in spots, mostly when it comes to the second or third check, Now i have the notion to put her with one dog that has her similar hunting style but not mouthy at all and run her for a good number of times to get her to settle down as opposed to how ive been running her with a pack which probably was getting her all getty and excited, if anyone has any suggestions let me know please???

gemcgrew

I have a pup that is kinda mouthy here and there in spots, mostly when it comes to the second or third check, Now i have the notion to put her with one dog that has her similar hunting style but not mouthy at all and run her for a good number of times to get her to settle down as opposed to how ive been running her with a pack which probably was getting her all getty and excited, if anyone has any suggestions let me know please???

It is a hard thing to do when you have several hounds but I think she needs to run by herself and often.

jimmy ballard jr

Yeah i thought she might need to be soloed aswell, but i think with the pack she isnt getting enough rabbit, i have a dog that im going to brace with her first tonight just to see

jimmy ballard jr

Lately ive been letting the dogs jump their own swamper, but sense im going to braceing these two dogs for a while i will ride around and look to see a swamper sitting out! We dont have Rattlers up in this area, but Cottonmouths and Moccassins are around!

Cottontail

I call them high maintenance when they have to be ran more than others to perform correctly.

jimmy ballard jr

I usually dont like that myself, but i see something in this hound,and its not like me to shy away from a lil work! If the beagle dont turn out like i plan, atleast i gave it a try, im not going to abandon the dog because of a insecurity, im going to try and help the dog learn and better itself! What if you were abandoned for haveing a flaw at a young age?:huh:

gemcgrew

I usually dont like that myself, but i see something in this hound,and its not like me to shy away from a lil work! If the beagle dont turn out like i plan, atleast i gave it a try, im not going to abandon the dog because of a insecurity, im going to try and help the dog learn and better itself!

That is what I enjoy the most. Working with young hounds! :cheers:

Streetsweeper

I would enjoy it more if I could just pay someone to do it for me! :cool: In other words I will see you Saturday early am .......... :(