Alonzo Cushing

westcobbdog

Yes i saw it, along with his pic. Hated that the military hatin'prez ruined it by being involved. Truthfully Resic, that story was played out countless times in every battle by men on both sides. Maybe the goofballs on Penn Ave needed a distraction because they can't lock their own doors?

Resica

There are and were many thousands of deserving people that have never received the honor. I understand that that the Union was fighting the Confederates and no Southerner in that war would receive it, but there were certainly many great acts of valor above and beyond by both Confederates and Yankees, both groups being Americans.

The petition was actually started years ago by someone that lived in his home, as I understand it. Took many years to convince the government to award it. Key was that it was well documented. I'm ok with it. The young man certainly stood by his guns and died by them.

Oh, by the way Mr. Marvin, I'm getting my GGG Grandfather's muster roll restored, can't wait to get it back. It's from the month of July 1863, Captain of Company A if memory serves me correctly. Of course it includes Gettysburg. Called Gettysburg and asked who they used to preserve their documents, this was one of them, so I feel comfortable using them. Shouldn't be long now, but it isn't cheap.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My folks "fit" on the other side, but it is still good to see men getting proper recognition.

Congrats on the muster roll being redone. Post up some pics when you get it.