Sign in Heard

toolmkr20

Finally got the monkey off my back this season lol.

Attachments

• 2014-11-04_12-20-47_900.jpg
    2014-11-04_12-20-47_900.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 527

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Congrats on the doe.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Still seeing plenty of does. Had 3 come in Sunday evening and I took one of the larger ones. The landowner of this property wants some taken so she can protect her garden so I obliged quite willingly.

Attachments

• 10712786_10100767332421938_8422009363963587117_n (1).jpg
    10712786_10100767332421938_8422009363963587117_n (1).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 495

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Saw 3 does this morning all by their lonely selves. Still think we are a couple weeks from seeing the true rutting activity.

Ehampt

Thx for the update, Dustin. I was down last weekend and had 6-8 does pretty much all together eating acorns by me for an hour almost..No Horns showed up. I know it is on up here N. of Cumming in Forsyth Co. GOnna be back down IN Heard this weekend. Hopefully see some bucks starting to move.

JM52388

Had buck grunting and running a doe at 9 this morning never came out of the thick stuff. Then 8 pt just inside the ears showed up 20mins later from opposite direction. Definitely got the heart rate up!

JM52388

Been pretty quiet since 8pt on monday. Hunted everyday and didn't see another deer! Scrapes and rubs everywhere! My dad saw 5 does this morning all by themselves.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Gonna hit it hard tomorrow before I have to leave town for a week. Should be perfect in the morning.

Ehampt

Hunted our property off 219 thursday-saturday afternoon, and did not see much, very few scrapes. No deer from stand. My buddy who owns the property shot a nice doe Friday evening right at dark, Came out of a bedding area with about 4-5 other does....No bucks...Still think the week of Tgiving and first week of Dec. it will be on in our area...

fuller729

What part of Heard? I have hunted 17 of the last 20 days near Powers Crossroads and have only seen 3 racked bucks. 2 were non shooters and the other wouldnt stop for a shot. I have only seen 2 little bucks chasing 1 doe pretty hard. Most of my doe are still grouped up and mommas still have babies with them.

fuller729

9 doe this morning and no buck in sight. A few doe this evening and no buck in sight. All of the scrapes havent been touched in day but a ton of big rubs have been made in the area. Very, very strange year. I have hunted this property for 12 years and this year is so different. I normally see a ton of chasing the first two weeks of November. I am at a lost

GWH

I have hunted this land for over 40 years. The rut used to be the second week of November. Now it appears to peak last week of November, the first week of December. Scrapes are being laid out but the girls are not ready to party. Lots of small bucks on the prowl. 5 pt.s area

Big Country Boy

9 doe this morning and no buck in sight. A few doe this evening and no buck in sight. All of the scrapes havent been touched in day but a ton of big rubs have been made in the area. Very, very strange year. I have hunted this property for 12 years and this year is so different. I normally see a ton of chasing the first two weeks of November. I am at a lost

They are just waiting on me to show up :bounce: :shoot:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
My buddy was at our place yesterday and today. Saw nothing, but did find several fresh and active rubs and scrapes.

toolmkr20

Saw a big body 5pt Tue afternoon. He was all alone feeding in a plot. Found a few scrapes but haven't seen any chasing yet. I was hoping the cold weather would stick around but its turned off warm again. Should start getting good in the next couple weeks hopefully.