Chattooga co.

Torre87

I'm hoping with this big front coming threw they will be on their feet and chasing

This is exactly what I thinking. I know the more and more the wind blows outside the happier I get.

93f150

Good one

I shot this chattooga county deer sun nov 9
He and another buck were chasing a doe right before dark,
He field dressed 130#

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 475

JDBrown

We have had one killed on our lease so far this season, and couple more seen. I have not seen one myself, but I work all the time. Im off this week and after I take care of some stuff, I am going to spend as much time up there as I can. Looks like some of y'all are having a good season!

superman1275

Killed #3 doe 2 weeks ago, now waiting on big boy. Woods were dead this morning for me. Seen a doe. Heard just a couple shots. Hopefully it'll get good this week.

tonyrittenhouse

Rut

Sitting in stand this evening, I heard a lot of noise coming through the woods about an hour before dark. A doe come running under me with a spike right on her butt, followed by at least 5 or 8 other bucks running wide open. The best I could tell they all looked like young basket rack bucks. They ran completely out of hearing distance then about 5 minutes later they came back still running the same single doe. I have never seen anything like it just wish there had been a big buck with them. Still it was a very exciting hunt.

Gabooner

My son got this 8 pointer saturday morning. The buck came into him chasing a doe. This is his biggest buck to date and he was thrilled, as was I.

Attachments

• Lakin8ptr.11-22-14a.jpg
    Lakin8ptr.11-22-14a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 308

Gabooner

Second buck of the year.

My son got this buck Friday morning. The buck came into one of our food plots chasing 5 does. The buck got across the food plot and into the woods on the other side, came back out into the food plot chasing a spike off, and then stopped in the middle of the food plot to watch another doe. When the buck stopped to watch the doe, my son was able to make a perfect shot and the deer only ran 50 yds. This is his 2nd buck of the year and his biggest (7ptr. with 16" spread). It was a very exciting hunt and glad he got to witness the rut which has been very strong this year on our lease. Is anyone else seeing a strong rut in Chattooga County as well?

Attachments

• Lakin 7-ptr.11-28-14r1.jpg
    Lakin 7-ptr.11-28-14r1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Lakin 7ptr.11-28-14.jpg
    Lakin 7ptr.11-28-14.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 247

rutman

Anybody hear of a giant 14pt being killed within the last week around the Gore area?

superman1275

Haven't heard of it yet, but word travels fast about one like that...deer movement around our properties have slowed down, hoping it picks up these next couple of weeks

superman1275

A little late posting this but haven't got around to do it yet, but killed this 8 pt earlier this yr. Called him to me with a grunt/bleat sequence. 3rd 8 pt in 3 years that I have called in from the same tree.

Attachments

• KIMG0160.jpg
    KIMG0160.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 83