Clayton County back when!!!

akiahunter

born and raised in forestpark 1975, behind ashstreet school. moved to griffin 12 yrs ago and the way its lookin, wasnt far enough south. remember when pops used to hang out at shoneys, home depot and krystals when i was a kid.used to bust some butt street racin his mustangs, especially on moreland or grant rd:cool:.but i still get a reminder of those good ole days daily, i unfortunately am currently employed at a bodyshop in jonesboro and take occasional stroll around the old hood on lunch break. and i wish Butches diner was like it was years ago;). long live my childhood memories.:cheers::flag:

shea900

Old Dixie Bowling lanes! I used to live right behind there , it was Turtle Creek apts. back then. Started out as Embassy Row apts. ........

my grandfather was Joe Mundy and I got to stay in the old homeplace on 54 just past the curve of 54 and 1941 intersection....me and 3 college roomates stayed there and kept it up while we went to Clayton (This was 5 years ago)....we bow hunted, had chickens for fun(barely could keep up with the eggs) 4 wheelers and everything...we would watch Lucky's Lake get raided every other week....it was a great time...20 acres of fun in the middle of the ghetto....when I get my scanner working this weekend I will send pics of the deer and yes...1 hog.....shot off the property....the hog was down in the bottom of the creeks that came out of Lucky's...after he died my grandmother sold it...the farmhouse has now been ripped of all metal and spray painted to gang signs....used syringes and contraband all over...the developer lost it now the bank owns it....depressing!

Do any of Ya'll know where these bands played in Clayton Co?....... MAN GOOD TIMES !!!!!!

Grand Funk Railroad ,Bloodrock & Chakra-1970

Ice & Tina Turner-1971

Bill Sheffield, Chicago, & BBking-1971

Pink floyd-1973

Alfonso & the Fabulous Bootleggers-1960 SOMETHING (LOL ..I CAN'T REMEMBER)

Eric Quincy Tate-1974

Last edited:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
born and raised in forestpark 1975, behind ashstreet school. moved to griffin 12 yrs ago and the way its lookin, wasnt far enough south. remember when pops used to hang out at shoneys, home depot and krystals when i was a kid.used to bust some butt street racin his mustangs, especially on moreland or grant rd:cool:.but i still get a reminder of those good ole days daily, i unfortunately am currently employed at a bodyshop in jonesboro and take occasional stroll around the old hood on lunch break. and i wish Butches diner was like it was years ago;). long live my childhood memories.:cheers::flag:

My dad worked for butch for several years as a teenager. Iremember my dad telling me he saw butch a while back and went and said hi to him, and he didnt remember him, kinda upset my dad alittle since he dedicated so much time there working with him.

josey wales

Ya'll remember Peter's woods? Over by the Gas flame and Airport.

akiahunter

when we were teenagers we'd drive thru peters woods with headlights turned out for a minute or two and the story of the family of waterhead people livin there:huh:. boy is it rough over that way nowadays:shoot:, dont go that way if i dont have too.

drippin' rock

Didn't gow up here, but my wife did. Built a house next to her parents in '99 and are desperately trying to leave. ( not because of her parents!). No good times here now. Two young girls in the school system. They are getting to learn all about Obama and Oprah.:banginghe

when we were teenagers we'd drive thru peters woods with headlights turned out for a minute or two and the story of the family of waterhead people livin there:huh:. boy is it rough over that way nowadays:shoot:, dont go that way if i dont have too.

I dunno....my mother-in-law lives there and it's still pretty quiet....just no more "woods".....we actually bow-hunt about a 20 acre plot right at the big hump before it dead ends to 92

possum steak

Gone But Not Forgotten

did that myself but in the daytime on a street motorcycle. Nothing, I even road down the dirt road thru the woods.

My wife swears up and down that they went to the bridge & cut the engine off & it stalled. She was with her relatives.

Thing is, my wife's always been so easily scared, that I find that story hard to believe. I can just go "boo" and scare the heck out of her.

SCPO

anybody remember the golf course on tara bld. it was across from old landmark dodge location. later they built arrowhead shopping center. we use to sneak in there at night and take our shoes off and walk in lake and get golf balls to sell.

i started the thread so.............you know u are from Clay Co....if u r not ashamed of what or where u came from!!!!!!!!!!! black or white...Clayton County shall live!!!!

going to take the jon boat down to the old "homeplace" lake in Lovejoy/Hampton area and then Dean's for lunch!!!

possum steak

Gone But Not Forgotten
going to take the jon boat down to the old "homeplace" lake in Lovejoy/Hampton area and then Dean's for lunch!!!

sounds like fun! I got relatives down in Hampton, Griffin & Fayetteville so I pass by there monthly.

You're an officer right? If so, were you one in Clayton County & now one in Cleveland?

Lake Shamrock ( I believe still holds record for Bream), Blalock, Talmadge, and the resovoir on the other side of 19/41 (forget the name), I've fished them all. When I was 15-16 my friend & I would sneak into private lakes all over Clayton County (we never got caught) and catch a mess of bass, bream, etc..

LEO yes...ever in Clay. Co...Good God NO!!! LOL....use to fish Talmadge until it went back private...good lake...

trents99

If you're talking about the Talmadge on lower Panhandle you can fish there again. He opened it up a year or two ago and has a sign at the entrance. Adults are $12 though :(

i wouldn't fish Talmadge lake anyways....would back in the day....but crooked people....I have also decided that I will have to hit up Mo Joes on the way home!