Homemade coyote bait

smwright

I am going to try to make some lure for trapping yotes. I was wondering how I should go about tainting meet so the flies and ants dont get at it before adding the salt. I was going to try mice as bait and rabbit, do I need to gut the mice before grinding them or use them whole. I am also going to just throw some frozen mice in a hole set. How well does fish oil work with k9. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

childers

If you are interested in making it meat based, why not try a bacon grease or rotten egg? I think it might prove to be more simple

deadgame

Take a fresh five gallon bucket with a lid, put a tiny hole in the lid, cover said hole with fine mesh.. this is how I do it. Put in your ingredients, seal the lid and set away from where the misses wont smell it! In a few days of summer heat, it will be tainted when it gets like you want, stop the process either with salt, sodium benzoate or a commercial bait solution like marsyadas good luck, I hope this helps

smwright

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I will try it out this week. I have to order some preserving salt today. Also, how do I go about bait and lure combinations?