collegiate 3D archery team

byrdman68

Im a student at a university here in GA. I'm interested in starting an archery club team for our school. I have found information on the USCA website, but i was wondering if anyone had any tips or information on starting an archery team.

In the zone

There is going to be a seminar in Conyers, GA on Novemeber 13th & 14. The first day will be shooting form for both recurve and compound bows, while the 2nd day will be about how to start and run a collegiate archery club.

Cost for the 1st day are $25.00 for members and $30.00 for non-members. There are no cost for the 2nd day. I highly encourage those that are interested in collegiate archery to at least attend the second day as it will be very informative.

You can register at this link:

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e30j39kz0cb3c70b&oseq

The workshop document is too large for me to attach here, so I will copy and paste here.

USCA Proudly Announces
The South Region BEST Workshop and Leadership/Club Seminar in Conyers, GA
13/14 November 2010

USCA will be hosting a hands-on Archery Workshop for athletes and coaches and also a Leadership/Club Seminar.

Day 1 will be an intensive workshop with Certified coaches Jim Pruitte (compound) and Jim White (recurve). The focus of the workshop is on Compound and Recurve form. The workshop will be a hands-on event with stretch bands and bows.

Day 2 will be the USCA Leadership and Club Seminar conducted by Executive Director Lorretta Sinclair. The Leadership Seminar is open to anyone who are interested in learning about USCA and the resources available to our membership. If time permits, archers will also be able to work with Jim and Jim.

The purpose of the USCA Leadership and Club Seminar is to support the clubs and athletes by providing up to date information on the USCA, the available resources, and to discuss the issues clubs and athletes face in starting, running, and sustaining a club. Some of the topics for this seminar include:

• Starting a College Club
• Club Growth and Stability
• Sustained Growth Initiative
• Membership and Eligibility
• Tournaments
• Dress Code
• Issues Clubs face and working together to resolve them
• Insurance for clubs, coaches, athletes
• Coach and Athlete training
• Club Issues
• Equipment Grants
• Travel Grants
• Funding

Date: 13-14 Nov 2010
Time – Sat 730 a.m. – 430 p.m. and Sun 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Fee: $25 for members, $30 for non-members

Register online at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e30j39kz0cb3c70b&oseq=

Come learn about (or refine) your archers skills with Coach Pruitte and Coach White! Learn about the resources available to USCA Clubs and members and work towards the common goal of starting and maintaining strong college archery clubs.

Registration is limited to 70 participants. All participants must pay the registration fee in advance.

In the event of cancellation by USCA, all registration fees will be returned. Cancellation by a participant prior to 5 November will receive 80% refund. There are no refunds after 5 November 2010.

Mail payment to:
USCA
PO Box 1537
Ridgecrest, CA 93556

About Jim Pruitte: Jim has been coaching since 1997 specializing in the compound discipline. Several of the students he has worked closely with have been on International Teams and have medaled both individually and as a team members, and hold several FITA World Records. Several have also been named to the Jr. United States Archery Team. Jim is a current USAA Regional Coach (a former NAA Level IV Coach). Jim also coaches his daughter Samantha as she attends Georgia College & State University.

About Jim White: Jim earned Elite Coach status in May 2010.

Questions? Contact USCA Executive Director Lorretta Sinclair at director@uscollegiatearchery.org or M-Th 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Pacific time at 760.375.3659

byrdman68

thanks. this is a huge help. i found this doc on USCA's website and i'm gonna make an effort to attend.

farm7729

We just started an archery club down at Georgia Southern. We are in our first year and the school really supports/wants us around. As a team we are going to try to attend this seminar as well. If you go, let us know and we'll talk and try to help out however we can. What school is it?