440 yds.....

specialk

jumped a rabbit that ran almost a straight line 440yds before turning.....had not seen the bunny I'd of swore it was some off game.......

shawnrice

About half these palmetto woods rabbits down here will run like that then start circling .......then you can move in on them and kill them :shoot::shoot:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Had some like that this yr also. If it wasn't for the Garmin I would have probably shocked em in the past. Had one hit 420 yds and run the exact line straight back. Crazy how them rabbits run sometimes.

specialk

I blame it on yotes....also I have noticed that we don't(as hunters) kick up as many.....I think rabbits move out of their bed sooner because of yotes....use to we would ''step'' on a couple every hunt.....sometimes we don't do it at all.....

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I blame it on yotes....also I have noticed that we don't(as hunters) kick up as many.....I think rabbits move out of their bed sooner because of yotes....use to we would ''step'' on a couple every hunt.....sometimes we don't do it at all.....

I couldn't agree more. Our spot has opened up in the pines and now the predators have moved in and thinned out the rabbit population. Have had more trash runs this season with the younger dogs but shock therapy 101 teaching them right from wrong is always good as well. Been seeing a bunch of different droppings from coyote,fox and bobcat in the woods. It would be nice to trap them but trapping season falls right in the middle of being able to run the dogs and hunt in that spot.:huh:

specialk

I couldn't agree more. Our spot has opened up in the pines and now the predators have moved in and thinned out the rabbit population. Have had more trash runs this season with the younger dogs but shock therapy 101 teaching them right from wrong is always good as well. Been seeing a bunch of different droppings from coyote,fox and bobcat in the woods. It would be nice to trap them but trapping season falls right in the middle of being able to run the dogs and hunt in that spot.:huh:

our land is different stages of cutting....we have a guy that traps one week on one tract and another week on another....works out for us.....but yotes are here to stay....