Need advice for my 08 Chevy Duramax Wheels

msjjd

Ok so what I want to do is put a set of 20" factory wheels on my 08 Duramax can this be done and what will it take or will they bolt right on. Thanks for the info.

PappyHoel

Crank your torsion bars up as high as they can go. For my 02 Z71, they rub a bit on tight turns. I dont want to cut the front plastic bumper like some people do.

Its not my daily driver or else I would probably do it 'right' with a lift and suspension kit and go bigger.

I havent had a problem with running the bigger tires and torson bars extended. I used to pull a 27' camper with it no problem. I have had the bigger tires on for about 12 years.

As far as the wheel lugs on the duramax, i dont know if they align. I cant think of why they wouldnt?

I think this link has a picture of a truck like yours with stock with 20" wheels. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/wheels-tires/22198-20-wheels-stock-truck-2.html Also has lots of good info on what youre trying to do.

cr00241

I dont think you can put on any 20inch 8 lug factory wheels from 2011+. The bolt patterned changed. Duramax forum will know more than I do.