Catfishing around Macon

catfish1083

Can anyone give me advice on catfishing around the Macon area. I don't have a clue about this area. So all advice is welcome. I was wanting to fish the river. I have an 18 ft Aluminum bass boat is this too big for that stretch of river? whats a good boat ramp? Is it real Rocky? Thanks

3ringer

Jackson Lake has a good catfish population. Not too far from Macon. Easy to catch small eating size. Some people go after the big ones like in your avatar using live blue gill or crappie.

B. White

I helped a guy unload one and get it ready for a picture at High Falls in the late 80s that weight right at 60 at the little store nearby. It was squirmin and all I could think about was a fin in the gut. Assume you can still run off the trolling motor in there.

kevbo3333

96 or Bullard would be a good place to put in for catfishing. No rock but there are some sand bars that won't come into play until the river gets pretty low. I run an 1851 prodigy boat I the river all the time. We have caught some 40# flathead but mostly catch 5-10 pound channel cats and stuff. Get out there and mark some good holes and have fun!!!!!

Ihunt

I went over 96 this am and it’s very close to getting out of the banks. No doubt that it will this week.