Ears...

KDarsey

I was thinking, when I was little and was lucky enough (or unlucky;)) to get a bath, why was it that the only thing the grown-ups worried about was 'if you washed behind your ears'............and how was it that your ears could get so dirty?
Do you wash behind yours since you are grown up and who checks them for you now??:biggrin2:

SarahFair

When I do my hair I get behind them. Its nearly impossible not to.

My dads old hair dresser said she was cutting a mans hair once who had the nastiest junk build up behind his ears. Ever since my dad made sure to wash his and always ask me about mine.. :rolleyes:

OutFishHim

I clean mine!:banana: After my 20 minute shower, I'm probably the cleanest person you know!:biggrin2::rofl::rofl:

When I do my hair I get behind them. Its nearly impossible not to.

My dads old hair dresser said she was cutting a mans hair once who had the nastiest junk build up behind his ears. Ever since my dad made sure to wash his and always ask me about mine.. :rolleyes:

You just made me gag.:whip: I am a hair stylist and I have had to experience that.:cry: And it's always the older men.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Never had to worry bout that cause they never got dirty..... mama used to duct tape em to my head to keep em from flappin like a coon dog when I ran across the yard! :bounce:

crackerdave

Never had to worry bout that cause they never got dirty..... mama used to duct tape em to my head to keep em from flappin like a coon dog when I ran across the yard! :bounce:

:rofl: I had a fine visual,there,Greg!:rofl:

I can still hear momma,as she was scrubbin' hard: "You could grow taters back there!":D

I warsh good behind my ears - and everywhere else,now - I didn't much care as a kid.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:rofl: I had a fine visual,there,Greg!:rofl:

I can still hear momma,as she was scrubbin' hard: "You could grow taters back there!":D

I got told that when Mama was scrubbing under my neck! :rofl:

Bill Mc

:rofl: When you were a kid, you were "wet" behind the ears. That collects dirt.

SGADawg

I am very sure to wash behind my ears. If you mom was like mine and took a hanky, spit on it and then washed 'em in the car on the way somewhere, you would too.:rofl::rofl:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That, and washin` my feet before bed. It didn`t matter if I had been knee deep in the creek all day, catchin` varmints, and up to general no good, I had to wash my feet before I went to bed. Never did understand that. :D

radams1228

That, and washin` my feet before bed. It didn`t matter if I had been knee deep in the creek all day, catchin` varmints, and up to general no good, I had to wash my feet before I went to bed. Never did understand that. :D

My Grandparents were the same way about washing your feet before bed. And I never understood it either. The last time my Mema visited us, she asked for a wash clothe to wash her feet before she went to bed.:love:

The AmBASSaDEER

hmmm Ill start back... :D(warshin behind my ears)

and dont forget the grannys beads round your neck

slip

Retired Moderator
i was always told mushrooms would grow behind me ears if i didn't...

and if i ate watermelon seeds that a vine would grow outta my nose.:eek:

KDarsey

Ya' know I bet it takes obuma a good little while to wash behind them big ol' flappers of his.........

shaggybill

When we'd play out in the woods all day as kids, we'd get this build-up of dirt in the bends of our elbows. My grandma always called that our tater patch. :)

Buck

Reminds me of a story about a friend who shoved pea in his ear. Few days (week?) later he complained to his mom he couldn't hear out of that ear. Having no clue what the problem may have been she took him to the doctor and learned a pea had sprouted in her sons ear... :hair:

He still a very close friend all these years later and some of us ol' timers who knew him back then refer to him as "Sprout" to this day... :D