Jesus

Artfuldodger

Oneness theology specifically maintains that God is absolutely and indivisibly one.[5][6] It equally proclaims that God is not made of a physical body, but is an invisible spirit that can only be seen in theophanies (such as the burning bush) that he creates or manifests, or in the person of the incarnate Jesus Christ. In the person of Jesus, one sees the last, best, and complete theophany of God (Colossians 2:9 KJV : For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily).
Oneness Pentecostalism rejects all concepts of a subordination, duality, trinity, pantheon, co-equality, co-eternity, or other versions of the Godhead that assert plural gods, plural beings, divine "persons", individuals, or multiple centers of consciousness within that Godhead.

hobbs27

He is lesser than the Father but greater than the angels. He is seated at the right hand of the "Majesty on High."

Jesus also said: “Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit.” (Luke 23:46)

Jesus even said his Father was greater than him.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Oneness makes more sense than separating God into three equal entities. Oneness describes God as greater than Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

I see. Have you considered the Jesus of Revelations? The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
You may have a different view of the Jesus that reigns over His kingdom than the Jesus that ministered to the Jew on earth. I notice a lot of people refer to Jesus as was--- but Jesus Is! He is alive, He is my Savior, He is my Lord, He is the King of Gods Kingdom!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
If Jesus is seated someplace tonight, where would he be seated?

Artfuldodger

I see. Have you considered the Jesus of Revelations? The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
You may have a different view of the Jesus that reigns over His kingdom than the Jesus that ministered to the Jew on earth. I notice a lot of people refer to Jesus as was--- but Jesus Is! He is alive, He is my Savior, He is my Lord, He is the King of Gods Kingdom!

I believe Jesus Is. Sometimes we talk of his time on earth as was. In that regards, Jesus said my Father IS greater than I.
He surely didn't park his body and re-enter God his Father. He is at the right hand of his Father as a less than entity. Jesus IS still our Mediator between God and man. Jesus IS waiting for his command from his Father, when to return to Earth. Jesus IS still performing the work of God's Kingdom.

Artfuldodger

Why does God let Jesus judge?
2 Timothy 4:1
I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I believe Jesus Is. Sometimes we talk of his time on earth as was. In that regards, Jesus said my Father IS greater than I.
He surely didn't park his body and re-enter God his Father. He is at the right hand of his Father as a less than entity. Jesus IS still our Mediator between God and man. Jesus IS waiting for his command from his Father, when to return to Earth. Jesus IS still performing the work of God's Kingdom.

There.

gemcgrew

Read on through to verse 38 and you will see Jesus' answer. He informed them he was just doing the works of his father. That they should at least believe the works.

In verse 36 Jesus is questioning why they would even ask him if he was God.
New International Version
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

New Living Translation
why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.

English Standard Version
do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
They understood exactly what he was saying and that is why they despised him. "Because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God".

Thomas also understood him and confessed "My Lord and my God". (John 20:28)

Paul declared that Christ is "over all, God blessed for ever". (Romans 9:5)

God the Father welcomed his Son back to heaven and declared him to be God. "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

1gr8bldr

He is lesser than the Father but greater than the angels. He is seated at the right hand of the "Majesty on High."

Jesus also said: “Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit.” (Luke 23:46)

Jesus even said his Father was greater than him.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Oneness makes more sense than separating God into three equal entities. Oneness describes God as greater than Jesus or the Holy Spirit.
Oneness says God is Jesus and the HS, but one person. Trinitarian say 3. There is no "greater than" in oneness. They believe God manifests himself in lots of different ways

Artfuldodger

Oneness says God is Jesus and the HS, but one person. Trinitarian say 3. There is no "greater than" in oneness. They believe God manifests himself in lots of different ways

Oneness Pentecostalism rejects all concepts of a subordination, duality, trinity, pantheon, co-equality, co-eternity, or other versions of the Godhead that assert plural gods, plural beings, divine "persons", individuals, or multiple centers of consciousness within that Godhead.

I did not explain it correctly. I can't even explain what I beleive correctly. Neither can Trinitarians. I can't explain Free will and predestination. I can't explain Grace vs discipleship either.
I really am Ross Perot! :confused:

Artfuldodger

They understood exactly what he was saying and that is why they despised him. "Because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God".

Thomas also understood him and confessed "My Lord and my God". (John 20:28)

Paul declared that Christ is "over all, God blessed for ever". (Romans 9:5)

God the Father welcomed his Son back to heaven and declared him to be God. "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

Way back in the days of Jesus on earth, wasn't God & Lord used to explain different entities? I do know there were lots of different words used to describe God & Jesus.
Elohim, Echad, El, Yahweh, Ego Eimi, Ton Theon.

What is God referring to in John 10: 34-35:
…34Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '? 35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

Then we must somehow reconcile other supernatural entities such as Melchizedek, Satan and possibly Mother Mary if one believes as such. Most Christians do believe Satan has supernatural powers but isn't a God.

Concerning Mary:
Christians of the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodox Church, Anglican Communion, and Lutheran churches believe that Mary, as mother of Jesus, is the Mother of God (Μήτηρ Θεοῦ) and the Theotokos, literally "Bearer of God". Mary has been venerated since Early Christianity.[7][8] Throughout the ages she has been a favorite subject in Christian art, music, and literature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_(mother_of_Jesus)

Last edited:

HawgJawl

Read Hebrews chapter 1 with this question in mind, who on earth could possibly know the things being discussed?

When asked questions such as "to which angel has God ever spoken similar words", ask yourself how anyone on earth could know every conversation God has had with angels in heaven.

HawgJawl

(Q) Did Jesus die a spiritual death on the cross?

(A) No. Jesus is God and God cannot die. Jesus released His spirit to the Father just before His physical death.

(Q) So, the death on the cross was only the physical death of His human nature?

(A) Yes.

(Q) So, the physical death of a man paid the price for original sin for everyone? If so, why do we still die a physical death since the price has been paid?

(A) Well, the price for original sin was spiritual death and it was paid by Jesus dying.

Return to the first question and repeat as many times as necessary.

1gr8bldr

Read Hebrews chapter 1 with this question in mind, who on earth could possibly know the things being discussed?

When asked questions such as "to which angel has God ever spoken similar words", ask yourself how anyone on earth could know every conversation God has had with angels in heaven.
You been reading to much Thomas Jefferson. I like his quotes also. Good catch on that. I have said similiar things before such as who really knew what Pilot said to Jesus. Or how did anyone really know what Steven saw as he looked up into heaven.

1gr8bldr

Does anyone have any comments on this Incarnation chart:
I can't buy that on the simple grounds of "God does not change". Becoming a man is a big change