Bear kill reporting question...

Triton Mike

I'm reading the bear hunting regs. It says you have to call within 24hrs. Then you have to personally go to the Game check station with your bear (skull and hide minimum) within 72 hrs.

My question Is there anything close to Jasper, Ellijay and south. The only stations I see are in Armuchee, GA and Gainesville, GA as options? Anything more convenient?

It says you may also go to a WMA check station (Allatoona WMA wouldn't be too far off). But it says it's only for managed hunts which I don't think Allatoona WMA has a managed bear hunt. I'm copy pasting the reporting regs link below for reference?

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/bear-turkey-feral-hog-alligator-small-game/

ripplerider

Sometimes they'll send a game warden out to meet you to save you a long trip. At least they have for me.

Killer Kyle

Yep. You can call the Gainesville office, and they can often have WMA wildlife techs go to meet you, or the techs can even go to the processor if they are holding the head and hide for you. You can usually work it out.

whitetailfreak

They'll come to wherever the bear is being held for processing whether it's a commercial processor or your house. After reporting the kill, I usually receive a return call within 30 minutes to answer several brief questions, and they usually have a tag on it within 24 hrs.

Triton Mike

I'm sure they are doing some kind of research hence the reason they want to see the head.. Seems like there oughta be a easier way unless they are wanting you to age the bear..