Pros an cons, a cvs cc vs ss

hipster dufus

Am poderibg a new boat, aluminum. 16-18 ft any opinions about the different types. Have been running a 1648 tiller. Kinda looking at center console, maybe a stick steer.any opinions welcomed

B

BornNRaised

I dont own John boats, but when i first read your thread header I thought you were asking about moonshine stills So I was jumping into help out ...:rofl:

StriperrHunterr

Doing it all again, and learning from the experience with my DLV, if I were in the market to get a new boat I'd be looking at the aluminum G3 center consoles. Without the high gunwales that my skiff has it would perform better in high winds, but waves over the bow would be a concern again like they were in my Tracker. I keep toying with the idea of selling my DLV, not a serious thought, but considering it to get back to a lower profile, lighter weight boat.

Coenen

If I were in the market to get a new boat I'd be looking at the aluminum G3 center consoles.
This. They're nice boats. Not sure I'd want one if I was having to contend with heavy traffic / big waves, but for flat water they are very nice, fishable boats.

StripeRRHunteRR without Serenity?!? :hair: Say it ain't so! :cry:

StriperrHunterr

This. They're nice boats. Not sure I'd want one if I was having to contend with heavy traffic / big waves, but for flat water they are very nice, fishable boats.

StripeRRHunteRR without Serenity?!? :hair: Say it ain't so! :cry:

Serenity 2.0. Same mentality, different shell.

We'll see what happens.

Latest posts