4th Annual Food Plot Prep Picture Thread

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
You're right .... losing the acorn crop is one thing, but the tree's ........ let's hope not!

Triple C

Gonna be tempting not to plant grains and clover after Irma comes through next week. Still gonna wait till end of month of early October.

Canuck5

Some decisions get hard!!! Thank goodness I don't have to earn a living off of food plotting!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Gonna be tempting not to plant grains and clover after Irma comes through next week. Still gonna wait till end of month of early October.

Thats my plan for overseeding my clover

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I couldn't wait. Did it all last weekend. 14 days from now my plots will either be up and going strong or there's going to be some mighty fine feed troughs at the bottom of the hills.

Canuck5

I couldn't wait. Did it all last weekend. 14 days from now my plots will either be up and going strong or there's going to be some mighty fine feed troughs at the bottom of the hills.

You might be ok. I think we got less than 4" over about 6 hours .... you might be ok!

Canuck5

Looks like more rain the weekend of the 23rd

sowgabuckstalker

Do you guys think I am ok to wait to plant about the middle of October or even the last week or so in October? Oats, Wheat, turnips is what I will be planting. Thanks.

Canuck5

Oh, T.P., say it isn't so!!! The good part about it, is the deer won't care and you'll spot them easier. The bad part, is you'll have lots of volunteer corn growing next year, which might not be all bad, if you plan for it.

Your pretty corn field, tho ...... :cry: You did raise a beautiful crop!

Canuck5

Do you guys think I am ok to wait to plant about the middle of October or even the last week or so in October? Oats, Wheat, turnips is what I will be planting. Thanks.

I think you'll still be fine!

Canuck5

T.P., broadcast some wheat and clover in there! You'll have the best buffet!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You might be ok. I think we got less than 4" over about 6 hours .... you might be ok!

I'm thinking so too. The plots that are on the really steep hillsides got cut in with the discs so I've got several rows of furrows to catch the runoff.

T.P.

Banned
I still think this will be great, but are you planning on over seeding anything into your corn?

I had bushhogged a couple shooting lanes in it and was planning on planting that as soon as I got all the volunteer corn under control. Now I guess I'll just broadcast over the corn itself.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I had bushhogged a couple shooting lanes in it and was planning on planting that as soon as I got all the volunteer corn under control. Now I guess I'll just broadcast over the corn itself.

Could you burn it?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Maybe run over first with some discs to get the biomass down on the ground?:huh:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
That stinks about your corn.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Food plot

Planted plots all day today , over seeded and fertilized some imperial clover , planted this plot in wheat and turnips and mixed a bag of iron clay peas that I had left over , my daughter loves doing anything that involves the outdoors !

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpg
    IMG_4599.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 903