bobcat pics

huntndeer

i shot a bobcat this year and have it at the taxidermist now trying to decide on how to have it mounted. Is there any body that has pics of how they have their bobcat mounted that could give me some ideas

Confederate_Jay

Do search of "Bobcat mounts" and you 'll find a couple of threads on this topic with some good pictures. I'm kinda partial to mine.

Funny you ask....I got 2 bobcats last year and gave one to my best friend...well, both of them were mounted and finished recently...also, the gal i used to hunt with got one and had it mounted and she got it back just before christmas. I will put them up for you to check out...

here is mine. it needs the paw and first part of the leg to be altered...i plan on doing it when i get home...the face looks like he is oriental, not much i can do about that. I have only ever seen a couple of cats i lked. People can never seem to get the face correct. Shop around good before you pic a taxidermist...only two cat mounts i ever saw that i would have liked to have were both done by taxidermists that do not live anywhere near me...

Attachments

• 001_1a.JPG
    001_1a.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 6,847
  • 003_3a.JPG
    003_3a.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 6,897
This is the one that belonged to the gal i used to hunt with...

Attachments

• HPIM4011a.JPG
    HPIM4011a.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 7,199
This one belongs to my buddy in NYS...his and mine were done by the same guy...

Attachments

• 007_7.JPG
    007_7.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 6,887
  • 008_8.JPG
    008_8.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 6,752

chuckb7718

I see what you're saying, but are still pretty to me.
The advice about looking around, is good,too!
The best thing you can do is MAKE SURE you and your taxidermist are on the SAME page concerning the mount!
P.S.
Just TODAY picked up the mounted head of my gator!!!
Took 4&1/2 years to get to this point!!
IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

mudawg

My uncle has one that is layin on its stomach and is lookin up at a pheasent. pretty neat and very nice mountains!

rex upshaw

Funny you ask....I got 2 bobcats last year and gave one to my best friend...well, both of them were mounted and finished recently...also, the gal i used to hunt with got one and had it mounted and she got it back just before christmas. I will put them up for you to check out...

here is mine. it needs the paw and first part of the leg to be altered...i plan on doing it when i get home...the face looks like he is oriental, not much i can do about that. I have only ever seen a couple of cats i lked. People can never seem to get the face correct. Shop around good before you pic a taxidermist...only two cat mounts i ever saw that i would have liked to have were both done by taxidermists that do not live anywhere near me...

at first glance, i though the cat in the first pic was giving the finger.

Confederate_Jay

I agree, Her cat looks great ! I had mine done laying down also.

Attachments

• bobcat 016.jpg
    bobcat 016.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 6,176
  • bobcat 013.jpg
    bobcat 013.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,207

VANCE

DSCN0284.jpg