Academy Sports and Outdoors store opening

56willysnut

I heard that the McDonough store will be opening April 1st.

CAn anyone over that way confirm this by doing a drive by.

In the area of GA 20 and 81 off south point blvd.

McDonough store #110
198 South Point Blvd.
McDonough, GA 30253

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yes that s correct, my parents live down the street and I drive by it alot. There is a sign on the front door that say April 1st.

56willysnut

:banana::banana::clap::clap::clap::fine::fine::fine::fine::fine::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Its west of I-75, over by JCPenney and Hobby Lobby, Kohl's.

Living Proof

Never been to one, are they like a Sports Authority or Dick's? How are their prices?

dunn1970

They are also building a new Academy Sports Store On Ga Hwy 124 near Snellville. It is right across from the Wal-Mart

bigt61

Never been to one, are they like a Sports Authority or Dick's? How are their prices?

Kinda like bass pro shops and a sporting goods store combined.... but they have specials at walmart prices.... and they are fair on their gun prices as well.... just overall great in my book!

hoochfisher

Banned
They carry a decent selection of hunting and fishing gear. Decent selection of guns at great prices. Catch the clearance sales after each hunting season for some awesome prices.

56willysnut

yeehaw

If you have never been in one you owe it to yourself to go, IMO way better than BPS!
Just don't blame me for your new addiction!!

http://www.academy.com/index.php

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I was there when it opened this morning, got attacked by about 20 blue shirts asking to help me. Very nice store, I ws expecting to see some special sells, but I guess that will not happen until they have the official grand opening.

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for letting us know about this new store. I've never been in one but have seen their ads & weekly sales flyer. I always see some good specials before Fall's hunting season. I did not realize they have been around so long for 74 years with HQ in Texas.

According to their web site, looks like the new store grand opening event is April 15-17 in a couple weeks. Glad to see more competition for Bass Pro Shops & Dick's Sporting Goods which should help consumers.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=events/georgia/031811_mcdonough

And Google maps show the it's located off I-75 South of Atlanta between Exits #216 & #212.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=198+S...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

:bounce:

Attachments

• Academy Sports McDonough GA April.jpg
    Academy Sports McDonough GA April.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • Map Academy Sports McDonough GA.jpg
    Map Academy Sports McDonough GA.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,116

hoochfisher

Banned
Borntohunt, you wanna see some deals wait till two weeks after deer season is over. Year before last I picked up a $99 set of coveralls for $30. Clothes, calls, scents, blinds and stands, and feeders all get put on clearance.

I love that store. Not only do they have excellent prices on gear I might need for hunting and fishing, they have a heck of lot stuff at good prices to get it on the plate. Great selection of outdoor cookery.

YankeeRedneck

The sales flyer they handed out had some ten dollar coupons on the back so I used those. That store is AWSOME!

Randy

Well if you are looking for deals and not selection then Academy is your place. If you prefer a huge selection of about anything for hunting or fishing then BPS is the place. Academy felt like a large Walmart to me.