Zone 4

deast1988

When I drew zone 4 I paid a guide. That got me a tour of Rays Millpond for $800 an I had his equipment that was old an wore out. I didn't get anything paid my money an said zone 4 never again. Zone 4 is tough, hardly any public water. An guides in zone 4 lease the big private lakes you pay those premium to go with them into those spots. I do know Zone 4 has some big gators. But if your not from there an know locals expect to pay a premium for a guide. RaysMill pond in Raycity is about only public spot it gets pounded by hunters so if u go I'd go opening day.

I also got drawn for zone 4, a friend got drawn for zone 5. We're going to hunt both zones together, could use a guide that works both if anyone knows of one.

abacer86

Rays mill has gators but it's weed choked, and what decent sized gators are there are extremely spooky due to pressure. The largest gator we have gotten folks on within range was around 7 ft and the guy I took passed on him. The alapaha and new river have good gators but they only going to be in the remote stretches where bullets haven't found them. I have hunted zone 4 several times and it's always hard. Putting out a craigslist add got me access to a pond with several gators in it but none were over 5 ft. Trying Ray mill during the day may help due to gators being used to fishermen. I'm no guide but I have hunted gators in Ga and Florida so if you were looking for someone to give you a hand I would be much more reasonable than 800 bucks plus I lived in Tifton for 4 years and still go there frequently because my brother lives there. So just give me a shout if it interest you.

Farm Club

zone 4

abacer is right zone4 is tough. Rays mill has some good size gators, they are spooky and it is chocked with weeds. There was one clear channel you could run a small outboard in and the rest is weeds. I saw a good one in the stream going into reed bingham but we could not get on him. There was a golf course there that had a big one moving from one lake to another but we never crossed paths with him. We took one at rays mill that was 51 inches and that was luck, shot at a bunch of eyes with a crossbow , frogs jumped everywhere we pushed our way to the spot pulled up the bolt with weeds piled on top of it and to our surprise there was gator in the pile. Good Luck. We live in some of the best gator hunting area but cannot seem to draw a tag here. Ive drawn a zone 4 and 5 in the last 6 years.