Couple beautiful rattlers

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Seen these two this weekend , both left unharmed , man they are beautiful critters that get killed way to often

Attachments

• IMG_4423.PNG
    IMG_4423.PNG
    871.6 KB · Views: 897

antharper

Staff member
Another

Not very often u get to see two different kinds of rattlers in a weekend

Attachments

• IMG_4419.PNG
    IMG_4419.PNG
    837.2 KB · Views: 748

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
They sure are pretty..... but o still don't like them!

Capt Quirk

I have yet to see a single Diamondback since we moved to Georgia, only Timbers. Which is cool, Timbers seem really laid back compared to Diamondbacks.

wvdawg

Staff member
Couple good captures - pretty skins! And they were heading the right direction!

cre8foru

Beautiful and how lucky to see both. SO happy to that you left them alone and let them live. Hopefully more people will start doing the same.

rip18

Good ones! Looks like they were getting further too!

Big7

The Oracle
Taste more like skrimps than chickums.. :D

Just sayin'..

antharper

Staff member
Beautiful and how lucky to see both. SO happy to that you left them alone and let them live. Hopefully more people will start doing the same.

Yes I agree , the last one I killed was a big diamondback and it was trying the whole time to just get away , after that I decided I'd never kill another

bulldawgborn

Couple of very beautiful snakes. Canebrakes are some of the prettiest snakes in the world to me. Love the variety they can display.

I have yet to see a single Diamondback since we moved to Georgia, only Timbers. Which is cool, Timbers seem really laid back compared to Diamondbacks.

If you are up around Tennille, you are just a little too far north and west for the most common EDB range in Georgia. I grew up one a couple counties SE of Washington and timbers are still far more plentiful.

Capt Quirk

Couple of very beautiful snakes. Canebrakes are some of the prettiest snakes in the world to me. Love the variety they can display.

If you are up around Tennille, you are just a little too far north and west for the most common EDB range in Georgia. I grew up one a couple counties SE of Washington and timbers are still far more plentiful.
I did not know that, thanks for the info. I grew up in Fla, and have seen my fill of Diamondbacks and Pygmies, so it is cool that there is something less obnoxious as DBs.

Now, if only I had moved North of the Gnatline... facepalm:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Our mountain timbers add more variations too. Most are olive-yellow with a black tail, and I've seen a couple that were completely black.

I have never seen a live wild eastern diamondback, always wanted to.

bulldawgborn

I don't reckon I've ever seen one alive in the wild either and I live on the periphery of their range

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A big diamondback in a fighting coil with its head nearly knee high off the ground is a most impressive sight. It`ll get your attention.

Nice shots, and I commend you for letting them live.

Capt Quirk

Our mountain timbers add more variations too. Most are olive-yellow with a black tail, and I've seen a couple that were completely black.

I have never seen a live wild eastern diamondback, always wanted to.

Compared to these Timber snakes, Eastern Diamondbacks are really uppity. I had a room mate who collected snakes. Part of his "herpitarium" included at least a dozen EDBs. It was always fun cleaning out their cages.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Compared to these Timber snakes, Eastern Diamondbacks are really uppity. I had a room mate who collected snakes. Part of his "herpitarium" included at least a dozen EDBs. It was always fun cleaning out their cages.

Yea, canebrakes are a lot more docile than a diamondback. Easier to handle when you are catching them too. It doesn`t take much to make a diamondback fly hot.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have never encountered an aggressive timber rattler. Many won't hardly even coil and rattle when you mess with them to try to get a good pic-they just keep trying to crawl off.