Afew thing Kmckinnie is going to need ......

LOVEMYLABXS

Now that you got 2 deks to start you off let's see about putting a list together of a few other things you're going to need to be one of the GREAT DUCK HUNTERS:shoot:

Good warm waders ( your choice boots,hip, or chest but remember no matter which you choose I QUARENTEE you will find a spot where they ain't tall enough and the cold water will flow in ).

You're going to need calls ( atleast one for every specie of duck ) and lanyard to carry them on, if you want to really look cool check ebay for someone sellin band to put on your lanyard :cool:.

MORE DECOYS no way anyone can hunt over just two :D

Let see if someone else has some ideas..

Good luck waterfowling can be expensive and addicting.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I want chest waders. That way I can cross the creek to the inland where the big bucks roam. Shoot a few woodies along the way.
Calls
Well I was thinking wood duck only cause that's what I hear there. They there too. Thick. I would just mimic what I hear them do.
My wife swims pretty good and she ain't afraid of no gator ( she's a Seminole ) so she will get the 3 ducks.

I m so excited.:yeah:

Please give me a list. I live by lake Eufaula.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I've been working with my mutt about just laying in the water waiting to retrieve my 1st duck.

LOVEMYLABXS

To bad about the gators cause a good dog is always good to have but as long as the wife don't mind I guess you're good to go.

But a dog will always go and never complain obut the weather even when no one else wants to go

Attachments

• 100_0263.JPG
    100_0263.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_7584 (1024x768).jpg
    100_7584 (1024x768).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_3375 (1024x683).jpg
    100_3375 (1024x683).jpg
    223 KB · Views: 201

LOVEMYLABXS

I have a vest for mine but living up here in Wa. State it's more for a little added warmth then anything although if you're hunting over big water and your dog has to swim down cripples it can help with floation, but mine are just neopren styled so they don't add a lot in that respect but I'm sure they add some.

Attachments

• 100_3354 copy.jpg
    100_3354 copy.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 197

LOVEMYLABXS

Yep nuttin like a good lookin woman in camo :cool:

Mine use to go put on the waders and even pick up the deks once in awhile but after a few times of negative temps,breaking ice and Northwind that would blow the hair off a dogs back she kind of told me I could go and have all that fun I wanted and she just stay home warm and dry :biggrin2:

Attachments

• 100_4075 (1024x768).jpg
    100_4075 (1024x768).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_4092 (1024x768).jpg
    100_4092 (1024x768).jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_4098 (1024x768).jpg
    100_4098 (1024x768).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 197

LOVEMYLABXS

He will need plenty of luck. And a experienced duck hunter friend will come a long way.

Ya know KMC I started this as kind of joke but if you really want to learn BC is right on the money with his comment. Couple of things to remember

1 Always be on time

2 Be willing to chip in for gas and snacks.

3 Be ready to help out putting out deks and picking them up

4 NEVER EVER take other people to places that he shows you!!! To kind of go along with this don't just invite a bunch of your friends to along if you do get an invite cause I'm sure he invited you not your friends.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
He will need plenty of luck. And a experienced duck hunter friend will come a long way.

Am I going to need duck shooting lessons if I try to shoot one out of the air. I know I have 3 try's do I just go pew pew pew every time ?:huh:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ya know KMC I started this as kind of joke but if you really want to learn BC is right on the money with his comment. Couple of things to remember

1 Always be on time

2 Be willing to chip in for gas and snacks.

3 Be ready to help out putting out deks and picking them up

4 NEVER EVER take other people to places that he shows you!!! To kind of go along with this don't just invite a bunch of your friends to along if you do get an invite cause I'm sure he invited you not your friends.

I'm pretty sure I know these rules of common courtesy.
1st off I have a bad sence of direction & I have fewer friends. I have never been on a duck outing. I always chip in and have never been afraid of work. :biggrin3:
Duck hunting buddies I have none. I hear the shots on the lake every season. :cool:
Thanks for making this thread.

LOVEMYLABXS

Am I going to need duck shooting lessons if I try to shoot one out of the air. I know I have 3 try's do I just go pew pew pew every time ?:huh:

Naw just remember the 3 B of duck shooting,

Swing thru and don't stop your swing and go BUTT, BEAK,

BOOM :shoot:

bcspinks89

Was definitely not trying to be joking( well kinda) but if km wants to learn he can pm me I'll help him with anything I can.