Best smoked chicken I have ever eatern bar none

Bream Pole

Sunday for a late lunch my son who we were visiting cooked two whole chickens on his X-tra Large BGE. He first brined them in salt water for how long I don't know. Then he rubbed them inside and out with a butter rub he made by letting butter get very soft and adding garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper. He had hickory chips and some cherry wood chunks scattered over his BGE lump. When the smoke and temp were right, the chickens were put on the grate breast side down and later flipped over and finished back side down. I didn't eat any of the breast I saw him carving for others, but I ate two leg qtrs and part of another. It was deeeeliciously fantastic. Normally 1 qtr would be plenty for me, but I couldn't stop eating. Sorry no pictures.

Dub

That must have bee outstanding.

I like the sounds of the rub with butter, garlic and pepper.

Bream Pole

I asked for more details about the brine: 12 hours with equal amounts of salt and sugar. He didn't give the water but I had looked down in the cooler and it had to be a couple of gallons and he didn't give salt and sugar amounts in his reply text except the expression he used indicated he wasn't shy with it. my guess would be at least a cup of each per gallon. Not sure he measured it from what he said.