Georgia Game Check results

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Will they be shown in the final tally?

We're still not sure how best to present data from check-in hunts. They are still being entered into the online deer database, but all the sign-in data is going to Game Check. I'm just not sure if we'll pull the sign-in data back into the deer database or if we'll add a new function to Game Check to present the data we collect on check-in hunts.

Dustin

Yep I'm sure it will be due to lack of participation just as expected...so exactly what is your solution to that?

Going by previous estimates that would mean around 200k plus deer killed illegally by not checking them, seems like a good time to go around and do random checks on about anybody since over 50% of hunters broke the law, start writing tickets, lather, rinse, repeat.

200k plus tickets at a modest $50 a pop may be enough money for DNR to actually manage some of the WMA's.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Going by previous estimates that would mean around 200k plus deer killed illegally by not checking them, seems like a good time to go around and do random checks on about anybody since over 50% of hunters broke the law, start writing tickets, lather, rinse, repeat.

200k plus tickets at a modest $50 a pop may be enough money for DNR to actually manage some of the WMA's.

Dnr don't get ticket money.

Sixes

Will the number of hunters on WMAs be included at some point so as to see success ratios?

Also, is there anyway for deer to be entered inaccurately, as in too many for an area? The reason I ask is, in looking at the results as of today, Allatoona WMA had the 3rd highest deer kill of all WMAs, I have a feeling those numbers are off by a long shot. I highly doubt there are 132 deer on the whole place much less a kill rate that high.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I enjoy hunting, fishing and the outdoors. I don't enjoy too many regulations or extra things to do to be legal. Have voiced this before and got lots of flack, but that's how i feel about it. More regulations and hoops to jump through doesn't make illegal minded folks do any different. Personally, i don't think call in kills will ever give an accurate count. Certainly will not include predator kills, lost game or vehicle accidents. Loss of habitat is the culprit in my area of SW Ga, when it comes to reducing wildlife numbers. More farm fields and cattle pastures come each year. Would love to see a survey of each county, as to how much habitat is lost each year since the year 2000 for a start. Bet it would amaze some. My club started out in SW Ga 30 years ago with about 2000 acres, grew to about 2500 acres. Now we're down to about 1000 with cleared pastures and farms around us. We're getting squeezed out so to speak.

taylor1728

Game Check inaccurate

Private large landowners who employ thier own staff to process deer will always cause the game check to be inaccurate. These farms in highly desired counties such as Dougherty, Coulquitt, Brooks, Thomas, Lee, Worth, Mithcell, Baker, Macon, Morgan harvest 50 -100 if not more deer per year that do not get reported.

The state should take this into account.

transfixer

So if the state deems that tally accurate, then they'll probably increase the doe days even more next year ! smh ,,, instead of realizing some people voluntarily decided not to shoot does because the population is down ,,,,,,,,

Christian hughey

Big thanks to killmaster and all our buddies at dnr that make this happen every year. So much hard work goes into conservation efforts and grow'in these big bucks on public land. Nice post sir keep em comin. Just throw in it out there. A bear report would be awesome!!!

Christian hughey

Also really like the gawildlife/publicview shows all the specifics deer weight , mass, tine length and all the good stuff we want to know