Night vision on a budget.

Lilly001

This is an interesting sight. I have been watching it for about 6 months and I may get one.
What is holding me back is it has some bad reviews from actual users about the battery life and the soft ware issues.
If the manufacturer cleans up the soft ware issues I will probaly get one by this season.
I can see it as a great training aid for the grandson.

JMB

I have the x II and really like it.

Regarding the battery life, I bought a portable charger off eBay and a short cable. Mounted the round charger in a detachable scope ring on the picatinny rail and ran the cable to the sight. I can get around 15 hours on a single charge. It's not awesome for a walking/calling gun, but it's great for night hunting and you can scan with the scope/IR light.

The IR light that comeswith it is junk. I bought a good Light and it seems to work in open terrain up to around 200 yards for positive target identification. I can see eyes out to 400. In the woods, it's a little too bright unless you have a light that can be dialed down.

Trapper Glatzer

I have seen the ATN's on sale for Memorial day @ $100 off regular price. $499
https://www.amazon.com/ATN-Riflesco...65953&creativeASIN=B01BYDUV4G&m=AH6AMFTDKVASO
If you buy the 3x14 and do the upgrade @ the ATN website, it changes the scope to a 3x36 for free. You have to love electronics. The battery problem is with the 4 AA batteries that run the scope. You can buy a rechargeable battery pack from ATN for $99 that will last all night before needing a recharge or look for one on Ebay or Optics Planet.