Urban yote question...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
is this a coyote scratch in my back yard?
Been seeing and hearing a lot of yotes in my neighborhood... This was done between late last night and early this morning. I don't think any of the neighbors dogs would have been loose, nor likely to be roaming around at night.
My backyard is full of squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and birds as we feed the critters pretty heavily. It is a known hunting ground for neighborhood cats, hawks, and I've even had a blue heron hunting in the ivy and I have seen him pick a chipmunk out of the ivy and fly off with it... I'm thinking this is a scratch from a coyote. Thoughts?

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize (7).jpg
    ezgif.com-resize (7).jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 446
  • ezgif.com-resize (5).jpg
    ezgif.com-resize (5).jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 445

Davexx1

In the picture it is really hard to say, but it could be. Look for tracks and other similar sign nearby. If you have a dog, walk him by that spot and see where he puts his nose or marks the spot and how he reacts to that spot. Hide a trail camera there facing that spot and you will likely see what is traveling thru there.

Dave

Permitchaser

I can't see anything in you picture but coyote poop usually has hair in it . is grey and smaller than dog poop
You'll know it when you see it. Coyote tracks have a paw print with just 2 nails showing at the front and are smallish

red neck richie

Its hard to tell from the pic. Try putting a trail cam out to see if you can get any pics. That's what I did any got several pics of my neighbors dog dropping a deuce in my yard.