Another Collier Rifles Hammer

BigPimpin

Dad just picked his new 6.5x47L up from Joe today. It's starting to get boring when you don't even have to do any load development. This one has the Stainless color Cerekote. As usual, fit and finish is A-1. HS safari stock, 3b bartlein, vias, jewel. He left the bolt jeweled. nightforce rail, seekins rings, vx3 6.5-20. with a little reloading, this one should print some very small holes in the paper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 947

SC Hunter

I have said this a lot but I want to do a custom rifle but just haven't done it yet and I really think Collier will be who does it. Beautiful work for sure.

wareagle700

He does good work, very meticulous. Thats what you want to see in a gunsmith. I've been very pleased with the work he has done for me.

hey guys I own a few custom builds and really enjoy shooting and hunting with them.i spoke with joe collier and he seems to be a real gentleman.also have researched his work and it seems quite impressive.i have seen some photos here and elsewear and have been impressed.this ? is for big pimpin if he sees it.the 6.5 x 47 that joe built you was very nice.was the group you posted shot with factory or handloads and have you developed some loads for it and how well did it shoot with them and a barrel that was broken in. thanks in advance anyone else with pics or opinions would be appreciated

jbroadnax

Generous charge of H4350 and either 139 Lapua Scenars or Berger 140's and it will get tighter. I have been shooting this caliber for years....My favorite...Nice rifle..congrats.

BigPimpin

hey guys I own a few custom builds and really enjoy shooting and hunting with them.i spoke with joe collier and he seems to be a real gentleman.also have researched his work and it seems quite impressive.i have seen some photos here and elsewear and have been impressed.this ? is for big pimpin if he sees it.the 6.5 x 47 that joe built you was very nice.was the group you posted shot with factory or handloads and have you developed some loads for it and how well did it shoot with them and a barrel that was broken in. thanks in advance anyone else with pics or opinions would be appreciated

Here's what it does after some load development:

Attachments

• IMG_5014.jpg
    IMG_5014.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 502
thanks big pimpin

that was certainly a awesome group..forgive me for the confusion but the group shown seems to be much smaller than a .620...am I missing something here..thanks

Jester896

Senior Clown
that was certainly a awesome group..forgive me for the confusion but the group shown seems to be much smaller than a .620...am I missing something here..thanks

it just looks like the 0 in front of the 6

.620 is just a little over 1/2" and .0620 is pretty much one ragged hole

GAHUNTER60

Is this rifle designated strictly for paper punching duty, or is destined for use in the field (a very wiiiiiide field, judging from the way it groups)?

Do we have any groups utilizing hunting bullets? I imagine 120-grain Nosler Ballistic Tips would print almost as good as your scenars.