Texas church shooter was a militant atheist

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If your claim that belief confers some special discernment was true then one would expect that discernment to unify believers under a common understanding. Yet we don't see that. I think that was Walts point.

The problem is not that I don't understand the claims of Christianity. I do understand. I just don't find them persuasive or moral. You think the murder of someone who lived 2,000 years ago absolves you of your wrongdoings and me of mine if we but believe in Jesus. I find that claim absurd and morally reprehensible. Not because I don't understand it but because I do.
See below for Walts point.
I am fairly confident that you're well versed in understanding the claims of Christianity, but if it took the inspiration of God to write them, it takes it to understand them.
Absolutely there's plenty of room for disagreement. I've already stated that that's a topic of its own, and that would fill up several pages lol. Man will justify his ways. It's a black eye for Christianity but it happens. You hear stories all the time "God told me to do it". Not an exact quote, but everyone that says Lord will not enter in.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Men cannot ever totally understand the word of God. As we are of the flesh.

So what about the contents of the bible?

If it is the word of god, why do you keep trying to pass off to us that you (and all christians) understand it?

And, if you can understand it...it cannot be the word of god.

Which is it ?

Spotlite is rambling on about that he can understand it because of spiritual discernment, yet everyone that claims to have spiritual discernment seems to be getting different messages because very few agree on anything.

You are telling me that the word of god cannot be fully understood, yet you have an excuse to explain what god wants, what god says, how the bible should be interpreted etc etc.

The forums above should be filled with 100% agreement if there is such a thing as spiritual discernment, yet god is incapable of getting 5 or 6 of you in here the same messages.

I am beginning(since day one) to think that a couple of you are full of carp.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Those words are God inspired.

Oh! So like someone who attends a concert and then decides to take up playing the guitar.
They were inspired...but Eddie VanHalen is not really channelling himself through them....
God didnt really channel his thoughts through the authors, they just made up specific conversations between people and wrote down what they felt god MIGHT say and wrote down what god MAY have done......

This good to know

red neck richie

So what about the contents of the bible?

If it is the word of god, why do you keep trying to pass off to us that you (and all christians) understand it?

And, if you can understand it...it cannot be the word of god.

Which is it ?

Spotlite is rambling on about that he can understand it because of spiritual discernment, yet everyone that claims to have spiritual discernment seems to be getting different messages because very few agree on anything.

You are telling me that the word of god cannot be fully understood, yet you have an excuse to explain what god wants, what god says, how the bible should be interpreted etc etc.

The forums above should be filled with 100% agreement if there is such a thing as spiritual discernment, yet god is incapable of getting 5 or 6 of you in here the same messages.

I have no excuse brother. All I know about what God wants is you. I am just passing along my experience.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Absolutely there's plenty of room for disagreement. I've already stated that that's a topic of its own, and that would fill up several pages lol. Man will justify his ways. It's a black eye for Christianity but it happens. You hear stories all the time "God told me to do it". Not an exact quote, but everyone that says Lord will not enter in.

YOU have got it all correct though, am I accurate?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I have no excuse brother. All I know about what God wants is you. I am just passing along my experience.

Boy O boy, you get very vague when pressed to back up your claims or explain your claims, but then you come right back out with another absolute doozie.
You know what god wants, yet fleshy Rich told ne he is unable to understand god.

I do not know how you can keep up with the whoppers you tell.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

For my part in this since you seem to throw me in whenever you can....don't ask me questions and then post about rambling. See below about what Spotlite said. You seem to think that everyone that claims to be Christian is in fact Christian and everyone that claims it is inspired by God.......well that would be nice. If you were as well versed in scripture as you claim, you would know it isn't the case. So your cop-out with dealing with reality is that all Christians are wrong??

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
For my part in this since you seem to throw me in whenever you can....don't ask me questions and then post about rambling. See below about what Spotlite said. You seem to think that everyone that claims to be Christian is in fact Christian and everyone that claims it is inspired by God.......well that would be nice. If you were as well versed in scripture as you claim, you would know it isn't the case. So your cop-out with dealing with reality is that all Christians are wrong??
Well I Am well versed in scripture. I just also happen to think it is fiction so there is no way that I would take it seriously.
I am also told that scripture is inspired so I cannot believe that a god is involved innit.
I am also told that fleshy humans cannot understand god so you telling me that you can must be a lie.
I am also told that not everyone who claims to be a christian is a christian and although there is spiritual discernment not everyone who claims to be a christian can really discern it.
I get the feeling that people who claim to be more christian than other christians seems to talk the most smack about others pretending to be christians, YET....I am also getting some spiritual concernment and it is telling me that spotlite thinks he is a REAL christian moreso than most and his rules really do not apply to himself.

atlashunter

See below for Walts point.
I am fairly confident that you're well versed in understanding the claims of Christianity, but if it took the inspiration of God to write them, it takes it to understand them.

How so? Are they not written in a language comprehensible to humans without divine intervention? The KJV was written in english last I checked.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You'd be wrong. I never claimed that.
Well I Am well versed in scripture. I just also happen to think it is fiction so there is no way that I would take it seriously.
I am also told that scripture is inspired so I cannot believe that a god is involved innit.
I am also told that fleshy humans cannot understand god so you telling me that you can must be a lie.
I am also told that not everyone who claims to be a christian is a christian and although there is spiritual discernment not everyone who claims to be a christian can really discern it.
I get the feeling that people who claim to be more christian than other christians seems to talk the most smack about others pretending to be christians, YET....I am also getting some spiritual concernment and it is telling me that spotlite thinks he is a REAL christian moreso than most and his rules really do not apply to himself.
Have a nice day bullet. You have proven more than once that you're incapable of carrying on an adult conversation.:cheers:

atlashunter

For the Christian, the purpose is to cover our sins. The only way to the Father is through the blood of Jesus. If Christianity is immoral for going through the blood of Jesus, we will just have to continue being immoral. We didn't set or choose that path. I see what you're getting at, but it's not as you're saying it to be. This is the same as what I asked you before, would you lay down your life to save your family? You are indeed sacrificing yourself but you are not a "human sacrifice" in the sense of just slaughtering a human. A better word than "sacrifice" might have should been considered, but I didn't write it.

For the non believer, it is just a matter of how they understand it when they study it.

With all due respect spotlite, and I appreciate the willingness you've shown to respond to these questions, I don't see any evidence of special discernment in the answer above (spiritual or otherwise).

"If Christianity is immoral for going through the blood of Jesus, we will just have to continue being immoral. We didn't set or choose that path. ... A better word than "sacrifice" might have should been considered, but I didn't write it. "

^This looks more like a shrugging of the shoulders than discernment.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How so? Are they not written in a language comprehensible to humans without divine intervention? The KJV was written in english last I checked.

Yeah, it would make sense to make it understandable to people without divine intervention in order to help them better follow along and have the messages within spread.

red neck richie

Boy O boy, you get very vague when pressed to back up your claims or explain your claims, but then you come right back out with another absolute doozie.
You know what god wants, yet fleshy Rich told ne he is unable to understand god.

I do not know how you can keep up with the whoppers you tell.

I love U2 brother.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Have a nice day bullet. You have proven more than once that you're incapable of carrying on an adult conversation.:cheers:

I am listening to you talk in circles, make claims that you are unable to back up, talk about spirits and invisible friends.
I have to sit at the little tables and speak in high pitched voices in order to fit in with the crowd.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Again I have to ask you, which is it?

Are you a christian that is able to discern spiritual contact? Are you a christian that is able to understand the bible as it is intended to be understood? Are you a christian that claims to be a christian and actually fulfills the necessary actions to be a christian?
Or aren't you?

I got the impression that you were separating yourself from christians who claim to be christians but really are not.

Are you not the top tier christian but more christian than a little bit but way more christian than fake christians?

Break it down for me.
I thought you were a model christian from your posts, but you said I was wrong.
Explain please.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

1 Corinthians 2: 13-14

atlashunter

1 Corinthians 2: 13-14

Talk about self aggrandizement. :rolleyes:

I guess you always have that out when confronted with difficult questions you dare not answer. "I believe so I understand better than those who do not." Can you really convince yourself that is true? Or do you only wish it to be true and deep down know better?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
To break it down, I do separate myself from fake Christians. Who wouldn't? Fake Christians tell on their selves, you don't have to look for them. As I said before, they quote scripture on Sunday and steal your horse on Monday. As far as top tier, I never suggested that. I readily admit that I could be wrong about something, and I pray daily for guidance.

I got the impression that you were separating yourself from christians who claim to be christians but really are not.

Are you not the top tier christian but more christian than a little bit but way more christian than fake christians?

Break it down for me.
I thought you were a model christian from your posts, but you said I was wrong.
Explain please.
I am not sure how you could think I am a model Christian and make the comment below.
....I am also getting some spiritual concernment and it is telling me that spotlite thinks he is a REAL christian moreso than most and his rules really do not apply to himself.

Makes me wonder if your spiritual discernment agrees with all christians spiritual discernment.