Thanks for the show

chase870

Possum Sox
I watched the lake Oconee clown show this morning. It was awesome boats being waved off and setting up 50 yards away from the people who had already set up. The other side looked like a string of Christmas lights down the bank, actually heard a boat run through a guys decoys in the dark. Sky busting was the order of the morning with really bad calling.

rydert

Blue Heeler man
i love reading these threads when duck season opens.....always goot for a laugh...

hrstille

I watched the lake Oconee clown show this morning. It was awesome boats being waved off and setting up 50 yards away from the people who had already set up. The other side looked like a string of Christmas lights down the bank, actually heard a boat run through a guys decoys in the dark. Sky busting was the order of the morning with really bad calling.

I thought you hunted all over North America. How did you end up at Oconee for the Opener? Poor life choice

chase870

Possum Sox
I thought you hunted all over North America. How did you end up at Oconee for the Opener? Poor life choice

Back from Canada and not ready to go to Texas yet. A friend of mine had access to some private property so I went to watch the show. :rofl: It was just about everything I thought it would be. I was surprised when someone was sky busting a hawk. Listening to a boat run through some guys decoys was pretty good to

hrstille

Back from Canada and not ready to go to Texas yet. A friend of mine had access to some private property so I went to watch the show. :rofl: It was just about everything I thought it would be. I was surprised when someone was sky busting a hawk. Listening to a boat run through some guys decoys was pretty good to
You turned down Texas to watch the show on Oconee/be a part of the show. Makes me sense

chase870

Possum Sox
You turned down Texas to watch the show on Oconee/be a part of the show. Makes me sense

Texas is a January hunt, just went to watch the show. I would never turn down hunting in the flyway when the weather is right. Some times I'll go watch things like this. I have a trailer park near the Walton Public Dove Field and I stopped in there the morning of the second dove hunt and watched that show for a bit. The best part of that one was a fat guy in a blaze orange vest. I gave up trying to help the inexperienced years ago as the inner net has made them way smarter than us old guys

hrstille

Texas is a January hunt, just went to watch the show. I would never turn down hunting in the flyway when the weather is right. Some times I'll go watch things like this. I have a trailer park near the Walton Public Dove Field and I stopped in there the morning of the second dove hunt and watched that show for a bit. The best part of that one was a fat guy in a blaze orange vest. I gave up trying to help the inexperienced years ago as the inner net has made them way smarter than us old guys
I got you. Well good luck in Texas.

sjrwinder

How about the two or three fella's in the boat with the mud motor all week about nine every morning out of Dyer's running and gunning still moving forward after killing the motor and shooting at the birds they run into. We need more GW's and Fed GW's out . I'd be more than happy to let them ride with me .

T-N-T

How about the two or three fella's in the boat with the mud motor all week about nine every morning out of Dyer's running and gunning still moving forward after killing the motor and shooting at the birds they run into. We need more GW's and Fed GW's out . I'd be more than happy to let them ride with me .

I do not understand the need to "kill" like that

MudDucker

Staff member
Its a shame. I used to hunt Oconee hard the first couple of years it was flooded. Had some flooded timber hunts that would rival the best in Arky. Never more than 3 or 4 boats at the ramp. Now it has become a clown show.

Its a shame. I used to hunt Oconee hard the first couple of years it was flooded. Had some flooded timber hunts that would rival the best in Arky. Never more than 3 or 4 boats at the ramp. Now it has become a clown show.
I had a buddy invite me to a hunt on the upper lake about 30 years ago and had the same thing happen to me. I thought I was back in Kansas. Mallard just funneling in right on top of us. We hit the limit about 9:30. The nine O:clock flight just kept coming.

Latest posts