She likes it when you scratch her back

bulldawgborn

Last morning of deer season I decided to do some slip hunting through my favorite stand of pines that we are likely to clearcut in a few weeks. Seems like someone else had the same idea.

I was just hoping to catch a deer in my honey hole and supplement my freezer. I eased around a corner to check a long 5th row, and this young lady came into the lane at the wrong time. Sun was in my eyes, and I wanted to make absolutely sure she wasn't a dog. Scoped her and the movement made her take off running. I will chalk the 85 yard running shot up to luck, because I haven't practiced anything like that before. First brushwolf I have ever killed while deer hunting. only the 3rd I have seen in person on our land, but we hear large packs almost every evening or night. Decent way to end deer season...got my predator hunting juices flowing now. I believe I will take every chance I get between now and the clearcutting to enjoy some coyote hunts in my favorite stand of trees.

Her back foot was slightly injured somehow. I am wondering if it could be a rear leg toe catch that she pulled out of. What say some of you seasoned trappers?

Attachments

• IMG950606.jpg
    IMG950606.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 775
  • 20180114_170145.jpg
    20180114_170145.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 776

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Dead yote equals good yote

rosewood

You did good. That foot injury was probably quite painful, she doesn't have to suffer with it any longer...