Where are all the used guns?

44magpastor

I don't have much luck at pawn shops either. The ones around here want new prices for beat up Savage 110s with Simmons scopes.

Jester896

Senior Clown
about the same around here most of the time. I found a youth .243 ADL that was kinda beat up, a good bit of blueing gone, and a J lock. The price was $475 and they came down to $450. I quietly said...you know they sell these new a Wally World for $379 on sale don't you?...all I got was a cold blank stare.

I have made 1-2 good deals in one...but they are far between.

Makes you wonder. I always figure the pawn shop owner was looking at MSRP when they price used guns. Can't be true though because it never seems to be the case when they are buying your gun.

killerv

When I need a good laugh I go to outdoors trader. the prices on there are ridiculous. If you gun hasn't sold in 12 months, it may be time to drop your price ya think? The used guns are out there, people just think they are made of gold. Its not my fault you didn't save for retirement.

transfixer

When I need a good laugh I go to outdoors trader. the prices on there are ridiculous. If you gun hasn't sold in 12 months, it may be time to drop your price ya think?

There are some like that on there, I know of a dbl brl 12 that's been for sale for a couple years,, lol

But you can find deals on there, I've bought and sold quite a few on there, managed to snag a couple real good deals too, you just have to move fast! Most of the time the good deals and my gun fund don't match up at the same time , :rolleyes:

Jester896

Senior Clown
i find it kinda odd that people advertise one for sale...then either don't reply to your interest in it or they will not ship the item. Why would you advertise something to pretty much a national audience and really only want to sell it locally?

I know my FFL will accept items from an individual if they enclose their D/L. If he can't log it in he can't log it out.

Robert28

I’ve gotten better deals on NEW guns compared to used in the past year and a half.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Ive bought the last 4-5 new guns from my local pawn shop. He does a straight 15% profit.

When I wanted to order a new rifle. He called me behind the counter. We looked up the one I wanted. He said there's my price. + 15% This is what you pay.

So far if you factor in gas and traffic I cant beat it.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I can’t remember the last time I bought a new gun. Lots of used guns out there for killer prices. Just the right place at the right time if you can be patient.

frankwright

I have bought several guns there and got good deals.

I have sold some there and judging by how fast they sold, sometimes minutes, I would say the buyer got a good deal also.

Like anything you have to know your prices.