Finished a few more

godogs57

Here are some knives finished recently. Hope you enjoy looking:

This first one is an old design...pretty typical of an every day carry knife. Made from CPM154 stainless with a 60.5 Rockwell hardness. Snakewood handles and a paracord thong, tied in a two strand diamond knot. This one is scary sharp! Leather sheath made by me from Herman Oak vegetable tanned leather.

HH_Snakewood_EDC.jpg

This second one is one I forged from 80CRV2 carbon steel...the steel behaved very well on the anvil and took a great heat treat and temper. I tested the blade and it was a pleasure to work with. Dulled it pretty good three times during the testing process and resharpening was easy...just a few strokes on the diamond stick and I was back to cutting. Handle is an elk shed I found in NM while elk hunting. She has a nickle silver guard and buttcap along with nickle silver/red/black spacers. Herman Oak sheath handmade by me.

HH_80_CRV2.jpg

This last one is one of my skeleton knives with elk hoof cutouts. I hand filed the hoof prints over a couple of months...'bout drove me crazy. I fit them in the handle so it would reduce the weight a good bit and yes, I know the spacing of the tracks is not "geogramatically correct" with respect to how they actually walk....I took a little artistic license on that aspect...still think it turned out well. My skeleton knives are flat and fit in a pocket or pack without taking up any room. For that reason, I have a good following of western hunters that love 'em. This one with the elk hooves is a one-off. I sell the same knife, but with holes drilled symmetrically in the handle...looks very good. This blade is also CPM154 stainless with a Herman Oak vegetable tanned sheath also.

HH_Elk_skeleton.jpg

Thanks so much for looking.

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Beautiful knives Hank, as usual. And the leather is looking nice too! Awesome job!

Horns

That bottom one is pretty slick. Do you have a website with pictures and prices?

Rich Kaminski

Please PM me the website and thank you.
Beautiful workmanship.

walkinboss01

Very nice work!!!

godogs57

Here is the same knife as the "elk hooves" knife above. Only this is my general production version, not the one-off. CPM154 stainless again. Hope you like.
HH_Skeleton.jpg

T-N-T

The second one is sexy as can be

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
IMG_20180618_104119.jpgGodogs, this is a knife you recently shipped to a friend of the forum's (Redeli) as a gift from his friends on here. It was ordered earlier this month by Kydawg (Charlie). Redeli was wanting us to post it in here, he's having trouble attaching files.

Can you tell us more about this build? It's a beautiful knife, I'd like to extend a thank you from everyone involved.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice work!

Gobbler Down

Here are some knives finished recently. Hope you enjoy looking:

This first one is an old design...pretty typical of an every day carry knife. Made from CPM154 stainless with a 60.5 Rockwell hardness. Snakewood handles and a paracord thong, tied in a two strand diamond knot. This one is scary sharp! Leather sheath made by me from Herman Oak vegetable tanned leather.

HH_Snakewood_EDC.jpg

This second one is one I forged from 80CRV2 carbon steel...the steel behaved very well on the anvil and took a great heat treat and temper. I tested the blade and it was a pleasure to work with. Dulled it pretty good three times during the testing process and resharpening was easy...just a few strokes on the diamond stick and I was back to cutting. Handle is an elk shed I found in NM while elk hunting. She has a nickle silver guard and buttcap along with nickle silver/red/black spacers. Herman Oak sheath handmade by me.

HH_80_CRV2.jpg

This last one is one of my skeleton knives with elk hoof cutouts. I hand filed the hoof prints over a couple of months...'bout drove me crazy. I fit them in the handle so it would reduce the weight a good bit and yes, I know the spacing of the tracks is not "geogramatically correct" with respect to how they actually walk....I took a little artistic license on that aspect...still think it turned out well. My skeleton knives are flat and fit in a pocket or pack without taking up any room. For that reason, I have a good following of western hunters that love 'em. This one with the elk hooves is a one-off. I sell the same knife, but with holes drilled symmetrically in the handle...looks very good. This blade is also CPM154 stainless with a Herman Oak vegetable tanned sheath also.

HH_Elk_skeleton.jpg

Thanks so much for looking.
Absolutely beautiful work!