1 Trap, 1 chicken, 1 night, 1 yote! Updated 12/20, another yote! (post 11)

mpwarrak

Haven't had time to set a dozen, but did manage to set one trap using a laying hen of mine that died of natural causes for bait. This is behind my house.

Dug a hole for the chicken, put a piece of rebar through it with bent over top (so they couldn't steal it easily), and let a wing stick out. Set one trap back from it and offset to the right... and some subtle guiding with sticks.

Would you know it I have this female yote within about 12 hours?! Never caught one the first night after setting.
And by the way, caught the front right paw, above the pad with the MB-550. Every once in awhile things go just right!

uc

uc

Last edited:

mpwarrak

Pictures?

gt40

Well, the upload isn't working on this website right now, but I embedded two pictures... I can see them fine but maybe only I can?

Can anyone else see the pictures?

Jake Allen

Mighty nice, perfect catch. Good job!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Great work !!!

I love it when a good plan works out perfectly !!!! :cheers:

PappyHoel

My neighbor behind me with 50 acres told me he's snared 38 of those jokers in the last 4 months. He gets them coming under his horse pasture fence. I couldn't believe it when he told me but now I know where all my chickens have gone.

Good set

mpwarrak

Well, did a sloppy remake after that last yote, and had a nice 37 lb male this morning! Still the same chicken for bait. Caught the hind leg this time, after he took a couple bites of the chicken... but I'll take it!!

Sorry about the flashlight / phone pics... in the dark before work.

uc

uc