Ft Stewart Success

tracker12

Spent three days on the Ft with my buddy on his first pig hunt. It was a great time. We ended up killing three and missing a couple running shots. All three were killed with my new 6.5 Grendel build. I am really liking the performance of that caliber.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 997

georgia_home

Nice work tracker!

IFLY4U

We will be down for our annual hunt 7-11 March.

BowArrow

pajohn, IFLY4U

Will any of you stay in the FS campground? I plan on doing some hog hunting before turkey season starts and will be staying in the primitive camp sites. Would like to meet some of the out-of-state hunters.

IFLY4U

We have not been staying at the campground for the past few years. Our group has grown to the point where we needed 3 camp spots and we could not guarantee our reservations consistently. One of our group is a caretaker of an old hunting lodge on 1200 acres just north of Pembroke so we stay there now. A little more driving each day but it is nice not having to worry about campers and camp spots.
Gary

Stretch1

I'm coming down with Tracker12 and 5-6 other guys. We'll be staying in the Holbrook tent camping from the 4-11th. Come by and say hi. That Tracker guy is a little suspect but everyone else is cool. :cheers:

BowArrow

I plan on going down. Can go any time. Will be pulling a utility trailer and driving a white Ford Escape.

cutty2704

Well Ive been here for last 4 1/2 days . There was a group of 30 hunters not 1 pig shot. Plus myself and my son, plus 3 other groups . Not 1 pig killed 3 seen during hunting hours. The pigs are completely nocturnal. My son bumped one and missed.

cutty2704

As far as camping there's 12 spots . They are still doing construction. If you have a big group you'll be put in the big open spot
Up front and the only way to access the other campsites is right thru the middle of that front spot so you'll have people driving thru your camp all week.

cutty2704

And also from all the burns palmetto bushes are everywhere. Very very tuff hunting and impossible to be quiet. If you do bust them its like quail hunting. The old dnr office is now by the dog boarding kennels and you need an Isportsmen account. There is how you buy your permits ,small game licence ,and sign in and out to hunting areas.No more call in system. Make sure!!!!! Your paperwork is right and weapons are registered.

pajohn

1-866-377-1011 is the number to check in by phone, you cannot reserve tent sights are first come first serve.

cutty2704

No longer phone call . Its all done off the Isportsman web page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180219-110515.jpg
    Screenshot_20180219-110515.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 266