Meriwether County

Trigabby

I got video of the first 2017 fawn on the ground on May 9th... So young it could barely walk...

And then, the first time in 6 years, found hogs on the property, which I quickly dispatched of....

SW Meriwether county...

HunterK

Neighbor next to our camp says he has a dozen or more deer in his back yard every day, claims he's seen at least 5 shooters within yards of our camp. We haven't been down much at all due to family issues with almost all of members. Looks like Saturday morning will be spectacular :cool:

AustinW26

Time to get this season started. Good luck to everyone in Meriwether. Have a good feeling about this season....

HunterK

350 pictures on the camera in a week.......:fine::cool::yeah:

mbl223

First afternoon hunt of the year. Lots of rubs and scrapes. Will check cameras tomorrow in the rain and come up with a plan to hunt hardwoods or plots on Sunday. At least the weather is half way cooperating this year. Good luck.

HunterK

scrapes everywhere. 934 pictures on a trail cam in two weeks! almost all during dark hours, got a big 11 and a 10 runnin around.:cool:

HunterK

We have several good bucks on camera at night. We have two major issues around us.
1: Crop duster buzzing us all afternoon and morning, right on the dang tree tops directly over us.
2: some new jackwagon up the road shooting ALL DAY LONG, thousands and thousands of rounds.

Anybody in the Primrose area hearing all the shooting?? We've even had a couple rounds come through camp! :banginghe

buckshed

Hunt just across Flint on pike side...scrapes now cold...but bucks are breeding...shot a mature 9 pt that was traveling with a doe this morning and stayed behind her while she fed on acorns

HunterK

Totally dead now, didn't hear a single shot all day Friday or Saturday

MAGA

saw 1 doe 12-1 afternoon
killed a yote 12-2 at 745am then saw 3 does at 955am
saw nothing 12-2 afternoon hunt

Longhorn 16

Any updates guys, seen lots of really nice bucks taken recently. Secondary rut??? Hope to down this weekend.

marcel ledbetter

Hunted my farm last weekend didn't see much that morning besides snow. Saturday evening saw 18 in one foodplot. Had three 3 1/2 year old bucks feeding in plot along with several mature does. Now that we've had some freezes there hammering the plots . That is if you haven't overpressured them.:cheers:

Longhorn 16

Bucks are cruising. Hunted Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The deer sightings in the food plots are higher then they ever have been. Get out there and hunt if you can.

cramer

watched a small 8 following a lone doe around 10:30am Saturday.
He did not seem to mind me as I moved around, making noise for a better look at about 35 yards out.

Longhorn 16

Food plots have been covered with deer in the afternoon hunts for the last two weeks. Hope that holds true for this weekend.