LOL, Glock vise

1gr8bldr

edit

Last edited:

ryanh487

Seems pretty awkward to put the required $200 sbr tax stamp on. Why not just go with a kpos?

1gr8bldr

Seems pretty awkward to put the required $200 sbr tax stamp on. Why not just go with a kpos?
It does not stay in the stock. Only for fine sighting. Working up a handload. The Glock 40 will still be used as a handgun. This wood stock got replaced by a houge stock on my 10-22, so it was almost trashed

Last edited:

joey1919

Why, but I will why someone explains

I'm pretty sure if you did what you proposed to do by attaching a stock to a firearm with a barrel length under 16 inches, you would be creating what the ATF considers an SBR or short barreled rifle. The construction or possession of such without a tax stamp would be a crime.

The laws are kind of confusing, it may even fall into the AOW category. I'd have to go back and re-read. either of them requires a tax stamp

ryanh487

By placing the pistol in that stock, even if it's not bolted on or permanent, you create an SBR. Illegal SBR is a felony that comes with stiff fines and federal prison time.

1gr8bldr

Even if your wrong.i'm taking no chances and will destroy it now. however, its basically a gill arm lock

1gr8bldr

so much for being cool and functional

Attachments

• 20171205_133306_resized.jpg
    20171205_133306_resized.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 480

1gr8bldr

Thanks for pointing this out.... i am not in the know on this sort of thing. It's not worth it to me to even see if I am within the legal parameters. Best to err on the caution side

j_seph

Didn't get to see it, but would it not just be considered a pistol with and extended handle

joey1919

the gill arm lock is the same as a sig brace, blade brace. they weren't designed as "stocks" and weren't intended to be shouldered. you only ran afoul of the NFA and ATF if you "shouldered" one, using it in a manner contrary to its intent and for legal purposes converting it into a stock

the difference with your hypothetical contraption is that the 10/22 stock was just that, a stock. it was manufactured to be a stock and in the eyes of the law, always will be.

1gr8bldr

It was meant to be a "bench" tool, however, I see how it may be considered this. I just read up on it. I think I was good due to total length. I can't recall now the total length, but I was well over that. However, it was not worth any worry to me. LOL, with the trigger hole cutout and the notches for the slide and mag release... it broke up real easy

joey1919

It was meant to be a "bench" tool, however, I see how it may be considered this. I just read up on it. I think I was good due to total length. I can't recall now the total length, but I was well over that. However, it was not worth any worry to me. LOL, with the trigger hole cutout and the notches for the slide and mag release... it broke up real easy

barrel length is what matters.

Short-barreled rifle (SBR) is a legal designation in the United States, referring to a shoulder-fired, rifled firearm with a barrel length of less than 16 in (41 cm) or overall length of less than 26 in (66 cm). In the United States, an SBR is an item regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) as a Title II weapon