Hello from Spain!

Alcaraz

Hello, friends!
Let me introduce myself.
I am David Martin from Granada, Spain. I am 39 and I work as a psychologist.
My sister and my brother in law live in Alpharetta and I will be there with them this August. They will be working, so I will have a lot of free time to spend during the week and one of the first things that came to my mind was “fishing for bass in its homeland”. So, I started my research and this is how I finally ended up here.
I hope I will enjoy your country and your fish (I only catch and release). For the moment, all the information in this forum has been so helpful so I want to give thanks to everybody in the forum for the help that you have already given to me.
One general question about outdoors, what are the dangers in your country I have to be afraid of? I have read about poison ivy… I am not thinking about going too much south but how much north do gators live?
Thank you very much!
PD: Sorry about my English skills I´ll try to do my best.

specialk

Bienvenido!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! You shouldn't have to worry about gators or cottonmouth snakes around Alpharetta. There are rattlesnakes and copperheads, but neither one is commonly encountered. Wasp and hornets nests are common on tree limbs around water, but I'm sure you have those in Spain also and are familiar with them. Not a lot of real dangers out there except for lightning, windstorms/tornadoes, other boaters, and such.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Welcome aboard Alcarez. Maybe we can get one of our local members to hook you up with some quality time on Lake Altoona or Lanier chasing some bass. Lots of good folks on here.

NOYDB

BANNED
Welcome and enjoy.

Will you have access to a boat?

Will you have use of a vehicle?

Neither snakes nor gators will present any danger.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If you ever get down around Southwest Georgia, give me a holler. We`ll maybe take a walk through the woods and swamp and I`ll show you a few things.

Artfuldodger

Welcome to the US and Georgia. Well when you get here. You'll have to give us a report. I spent a bit of Navy time in Rota eating pinchitos and drinking San Miguel Beer. I didn't care for the beer. We made it Jerez as few times where they make Dry Sack Sherry. Went to Seville only once. I missed seeing the barber though. :bounce:

lampern

Might also consider wading for shoal bass (Georgia native) on the Chattahoochee River.

Is there any bass fishing in Spain? Thanks

Big7

The Oracle
Anyone of these knuckle-heads on here
need a psychologist, THAT WOULD BE ME!

Welcome to the fire!

Alcaraz

Hello!
What a warm welcome! That´s much more than I expected! Good people in Georgia!
And thank you all for the advices!
I tried to keep things in order, waiting for posting in the freshwater fishing forum, but I think I had to be more concrete about my fishing plan.
I will have a car, so I will not stay only in the Atlanta metro.
I will have no access to a boat, but I will take and old V-shaped float tube with me in my luggage.
I´m basically planning wading for shoal bass (what will take me to the middle Flint –Upson and Talbot counties-, the upper Hootch and the Atlanta metro) and some float tube fishing in some lakes and perhaps I will go up a little bit North to Tennessee or NC trying for some smallmouth river action.
Of course, any fishing buddy will be welcome. Thanks for the offering, Nicodemus, I´ll do if I go South.
Artfoldodger, I´m glad to see you enjoyed Andalusian beer and food and Seville. Perhaps, you could discover Granada in other occasion.
Lampern, yes, we have pretty northern strain largies here almost everywhere, specially (but not only) in Southern Spain (Extremadura and Andalusia).
Thank you very much.
PD: Who doesn´t really need some psychological work? Well, you can replace it with some time in the river :bounce:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Welcome aboard Alcaraz, these are some of the finest/most helpful folks on the internet !!!

Cmp1

BANNED
Welcome, lots of great people here, I did some bass fishing near Zaragoza when I was there, love Spain, and San Miguel brewskis,,,,and had to add beautiful Spanish ladies,,,,

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Welcome! My wife and daughter have both been to Spain and I plan to do so in the next few years. A lot of good fishing in GA and a lot of people on this forum to help.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Welcome! We have trout and striped bass in the area as well. You can fish your heart out - hope you enjoy your trip.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Welcome to the forum, Alcaraz! Hope you have a great time during your visit here.

:flag: :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Welcome aboard Alcaraz! Don't overlook trout fishing on the 'Hooch below Buford dam. It's some of the best trout fishing in the state.