Another blown up muzzleloader

F

FrontierGander

No it was on another forum where a members friend worked on the range.

Whiteeagle

It's AMAZING how Ignorance and Haste can HURT YOU and destroy your gear! Too many people try it FIRST and then READ the directions! However, if it doesn't KILL you....You get a GOOD EDUCATION!

SGADawg

It's AMAZING how Ignorance and Haste can HURT YOU and destroy your gear! Too many people try it FIRST and then READ the directions! However, if it doesn't KILL you....You get a GOOD EDUCATION!

Good decision-making comes from experience. Experience comes from bad decision-making.;)

rosewood

We haven't heard much about it, but I bet back in the BP days of war, I bet there were lots of battle field injuries because of double charges, shallow seated projectiles etc. All kinds of mistakes made when you are under extreme duress.

buttplate

Remember Those Close By

So sad, he had best be Thankful he wasn't more seriously injured. Praying for a fast recovery and hope the lost of two fingers doesn't have a negative impact on his job for his and his family's sake.

Don't to also pray for those around this guy because it would be a dangerous place to be.

If you are gonna be stupid you better be tough.

Muldoon

"Some men learn by reading, some men learn by observation....some men learn by whizzing on the electric fence!"

Will Rogers

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
“The man who fired the gun loaded the muzzleloader with smokeless powder which had been taken from 20 gauge shotgun shells,” Doane said over the phone. “He had run out of black powder and had actually cut open the shells and ended up pouring 75 grains of powder into that muzzleloader. Once again, smokeless powder is several times more powerful than black powder, so it would be like putting a 300-grain charge of blackpowder into a muzzleloader.”
The gun had essentially become a pipebomb and exploded as soon as the shooter pulled the trigger.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for this idiot.