Learning something new

Upatoi Sportsman

This past Saturday I attended the fly fishing for beginners class at Unicoi Outfitters. I had never fly fished but love to fish. So I signed up. The folks there were all great. I enjoyed the class and learned a ton of information. We even got to actually fish a little at the end of the class. I was only able to get one netted but was able to fight a couple others before they spit the hook. If you have never fly fished and want to learn a highly recommend this class.

I think I am hooked and will shortly purchase my own set up. While I do not live in the mountains any excuse to get to that part of the state is great. Thanks again to Unicoi Outfitters.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it is addictive. BTW, it's not just a trout thing. I live in the middle of fantastic trout fishing and love it, but one of my favorite things is fly fishing for river bass and redbreasts. There is good potential fly fishing wherever you live in Georgia.

Coenen

BTW, it's not just a trout thing. I live in the middle of fantastic trout fishing and love it, but one of my favorite things is fly fishing for river bass and redbreasts.
Yup! Absolute best way to fish ponds / small water, IMO. Going out and catching a mess of bream on topwater bugs is some of the most fun you can have fishing.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Yep, it is addictive. BTW, it's not just a trout thing. I live in the middle of fantastic trout fishing and love it, but one of my favorite things is fly fishing for river bass and redbreasts. There is good potential fly fishing wherever you live in Georgia.

It is the only way I fish inshore salt water for specs, reds, pompano, Jacks, cobia and tarpon just to name a few of the species that are rather catchable on a fly rod....they do fight a little bit different than what you might catch in fresh water on a fly rod though....

Jimmy Harris

"Thanks again to Unicoi Outfitters."

Thank you, Upatoi. Glad to have you as our guest. We probably just ruined life as you've known it. :D