Jeff Davis Co bow kill

trubluau

I was blessed to have the opportunity to take my biggest bow buck to date at my father-in-law's Friday morning. I was in the stand at 6:15 and loaded up and back at the house by 7. What is even more amazing about this hunt is that I missed him at 15 yds while I was trying to shoot under some vines. Shot right under him. He bounced out to 25 yds then started to walk straight away from me. I knocked another arrow and at 33 yds he turned broadside. Released the Ramcat and he fell right in his tracks. DRT!! It was truly a blessed hunt!

Attachments

• IMG_2184.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 1,324
Last edited:

rutnbuk

Great deer- great shot- and great job holding it together after the miss. A memory you wont soon forget I am sure. Congrats!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Good buck! Congrats

Pilgrim

Awesome!! Congrats!!! :cool:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Good job. Nice buck.

Permitchaser

I was blessed to have the opportunity to take my biggest bow buck to date at my father-in-law's Friday morning. I was in the stand at 6:15 and loaded up and back at the house by 7. What is even more amazing about this hunt is that I missed him at 15 yds while I was trying to shoot under some vines. Shot right under him. He bounced out to 25 yds then started to walk straight away from me. I knocked another arrow and at 33 yds he turned broadside. Released the Ramcat and he fell right in his tracks. DRT!! It was truly a blessed hunt!

That's a great deer and no doubt about it dying in place. My question is why your arrow did not penetrate more or pass through

trubluau

That's a great deer and no doubt about it dying in place. My question is why your arrow did not penetrate more or pass through

It clipped the lung and caught the bottom half of the spine before clipping opposite side lung. Any lower and the deer would of been double lung with a pass thru and he would of ran off and collapsed. Any higher and it would of been straight spined and I would have had to shoot him again. As is, it clipped both lungs and spined him. He fell on the spot kicked around for about 45 seconds and gave up the ghost.

rjcruiser

Awesome! Congrats