matthwes vs pse

Curvebow05

You can’t go wrong with either bow you asked about. I would shoot both and decide what works best for you and your needs. I will say that Mathews hold their resale value better than any other bow manufacturer out there. I’m not sure why, but they do.

Marketing. Really good marketing.

BASS1FUN

I'm a mathews man myself i own 3,call army/navy in stockbridge he has set up my last 2 for me.i know gables in douglasville should have some to shoot i've shot there before

sadler2

Mathews Halon 6 best bow ive ever owned. Like someone else said before its a little on the heavier side, but it will drive tacks and is easy to draw and hold at full draw.

snooker1

Shot a PSE Fire Storm Lite for years, I loved it and had no desire to get ride of it. A few years ago we were shooting in the back yard and when I released the arrow I heard the limb crack, the two guys I was shooting with heard it also. "Very distinct sound". I sent the bow back to PSE and they advised me yes it was cracked, since they had not made this bow in over 8 years they had no replacement limbs. So the search was on for a new bow, my intent was a new PSE. While in the local archery shop looking at new bows I was approached by a person who asked me why not a Mathews, I pointed at the price tag $999.99 for just a bow was way out of my price range. He told me I should shot they bow before I made any decisions. He set up a new Creed and I shot it. I was very impressed with this bow and it's performance, balance and feel. Still out of my price range I handed it back, well come to find out he was the rep for Mathews. He offered me they bow and all the accessories he put on it for $500.00, I guess I had a stunned look on my face and he promised me that if I continued to shot I would eventually purchase another Mathews bow and he would have done his job. Yes I purchased the bow and I love it.

BeefMaster

I believe that the specs are going to be close on most high end models regardless of manufacturer. That being said my dad and I are both Matthews shooters. I've tried PSE and I did not shoot it nearly as well. I shot a Matthews Ultramax for a LONG time and then changed over to a switchback XT when Pop upgraded. Personal preference and the "way it feels/shoots" goes a long way.