Something new or keep the Drenalin?

coachT

So I currently have a Mathews Drenalin that I bought new. Getting the itch for a new bow, but honestly don't know who is at the top anymore.

I know technology keeps changing. If price wasn't a deciding factor, what new bows have the best technology? Or should I just keep the old bow?

rjcruiser

I go through the same dilemma it seems every year. Have a 2010 top shelf bow that is still killing for me. It's plenty fast and has a ton of KE...never had a problem with it, but just see these fancy new ones that claim easier draws and longer holds at full draw. But...I've killed some great deer over the past few years and don't think that a new bow would have made any difference to me...so, I keep my old one.

If you really want a new one, shoot a few different ones...don't just buy a brand name. Lots has changed.

Duff

Love my drenlin. Keeping it

Ihunt

Buy a 2-3 year old bow. Save a lot of money and still get something new. If you're bow only, it's not s bad idea to have a backup.

Hillbilly stalker

I've always been a Mathews guy, but after shooting an Elite.......Wow !

coachT

Lots of Great New Bows out . Sam Bows Archery has Mathews , PSE , and Elites.

Do you have any experience with that shop? I know where it is, but haven't heard anything good or bad about them. I do know that some bow shops don't have a tech that:
A) can tune a bow properly or
B) will spend the time to properly tune it

I don't mind paying for service as long as it's top notch.
I do mind paying to have a bow tuned, only to get to the range and it not cooperate!
Perfection comes at a price, and I'm good with that.

Tadder

Do you have any experience with that shop? I know where it is, but haven't heard anything good or bad about them. I do know that some bow shops don't have a tech that:
A) can tune a bow properly or
B) will spend the time to properly tune it

I don't mind paying for service as long as it's top notch.
I do mind paying to have a bow tuned, only to get to the range and it not cooperate!
Perfection comes at a price, and I'm good with that.
They got a Great Bow tech. He will give you 1on1 time with himself and you with bow. HE's a accomplished BOW HUNTER as well as A COMPETION SHOOTER, 3D, are indoor spots and outdoor spots. Nice young man. Ck him out.

coachT

They got a Great Bow tech. He will give you 1on1 time with himself and you with bow. HE's a accomplished BOW HUNTER as well as A COMPETION SHOOTER, 3D, are indoor spots and outdoor spots. Nice young man. Ck him out.

I will check him out this week. Thanks!

deerslayer0369

As RJ said don’t get sucked into brand names...Unless they’re paying you but I’d dare to say your not on anyone’s prostaff since your here asking about equipment. Do yourself a favor and shoot a bunch of bows ranging in several different ATA’s, you’ll be surprised at how “forgiving” these new short ATA bows are. I’m a Prime shooter myself. The cenegry series are quite nice and fun to shoot, 94% left off but can adjusted to be less if you’d like less left off.

coachT

So , what did you think ? Did you try the New Mathews and PSE'S are you sticking with the drinlen. It's a good bow. you can pm me if you want.

Didn't shoot any new ones. He ordered me a new string for the Drenalin. Gonna see how that works out before I go shooting the new models and "have to have one!"

coachT

Had the string replaced on the Drenalin. Sam has it shooting bullet holes through paper. Didn't shoot a new one yet. Trying to resist the urge!