Conversation topic

1gr8bldr

What do you think about Zechari saying no more prophesies after Jesus's crucifixion? Then in Rev, John tells us "Blessed are those who read the words of this prophesy". I don't know? I wonder if this is why Rev was the last book that fought it's way into the canon of scriptures, seems I recall the KJ did not accept it until 1611??? Maybe somebody has more info without me speculating or incorrectly recalling dates

hobbs27

What do you think about Zechari saying no more prophesies after Jesus's crucifixion? Then in Rev, John tells us "Blessed are those who read the words of this prophesy". I don't know? I wonder if this is why Rev was the last book that fought it's way into the canon of scriptures, seems I recall the KJ did not accept it until 1611??? Maybe somebody has more info without me speculating or incorrectly recalling dates

Revelation is a reflection or an unveiling of the unknown old Testament prophecies.

When Daniel was told to seal the words of his prophecies in CH 12:4 it wasn't that the words were hidden it was the understanding of the prophecy.

John is then told in Revelation 22:10. Not to seal his words for the time was near.

The seven churches in Asia knew exactly what the prophecies in Revelation were. OT prophesies being revealed.. Because the time was near.

There's nothing new in the New Covenant concerning prophecy because all eschatology belonged to old covenant Israel.