Sometime you just have to stay home

olcaptain

I blanked in the canoe on Wednesday morning but I had some cut bait left over and, so I put two lines out here at the house on Crooked Creek. To my surprise I caught my first fish of the year on one of the poles the next morning!

aqCDkje.jpg

59uBkCA.jpg

So, after catching my first Catfish of the year in our creek on Wednesday night I had an idea! Why not bait up a couple of rods again on Thursday night? Maybe there is another one out there I thought. Maybe there is a bigger one out there I thought. Well, I did and there was! Second fish in two nights and #2 fish of the year!

2xbxZ0v.jpg

BdebPGF.jpg

I guess Hank Jr. was right when he sang, “A Country boy can survive.”

Shawn Holcombe

That blue looks like a nice 'un ! Like I told you before I would have a couple rods out 24-7 365! That is such a sweet spot I've got a feeling your gonna end up hooking into something sure enough good!:flag:

61BelAir

Agree with Shawn. I'm thinking one night a big ole flathead is going to be coming up the creek and you might be short a rod the next morning.
I got to go out Tuesday and Wednesday nights for the first time in awhile. Fishing dock lights chasing the green fish. I skunked Tuesday....didn't even get a bite. There weren't even any fish showing up on the fishfinder around the docks. Very few down deep around the bridges. Wednesday night I saw a lot more fish on the sonar, but only caught 2. A nice 3 pounder and one just under 12". Both from the same light. I only got a 4 bites counting those 2 fish. I guess it didn't stay warm for long enough to help.

olcaptain

Agree with Shawn. I'm thinking one night a big ole flathead is going to be coming up the creek and you might be short a rod the next morning.
I got to go out Tuesday and Wednesday nights for the first time in awhile. Fishing dock lights chasing the green fish. I skunked Tuesday....didn't even get a bite. There weren't even any fish showing up on the fishfinder around the docks. Very few down deep around the bridges. Wednesday night I saw a lot more fish on the sonar, but only caught 2. A nice 3 pounder and one just under 12". Both from the same light. I only got a 4 bites counting those 2 fish. I guess it didn't stay warm for long enough to help.

Good to hear from you. Let's get together for lunch next Th-Fri if you can.