Carolina Bay Formation: A REALLY bad day!

Chum

I have been fascinated with the mystery of the Carolina Bays found along our coastal plain for nearly two decades now. With our access to information and new technologies there has never been a better time than now to solve these enigmas. I really think we are close with this one, and a few others, and want to know what you all think.

This is a presentation I have been working on for a few weeks...if you have a few minutes (20 min), check it out:

**EDIT: I decided the original video was to long, so I split it up into two shorter and more digestible videos.**

" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3n8rySJEg1E" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mRGW1tAEDMA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gpQTvNLHBtQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

When the comet hit and broke the ice sheet, what made it move south?
I understand the fire would remove the vegetation. Even without the fire, I would assume the ice could move south.

Is it the old saying about things running down hill?

Chum

When the comet hit and broke the ice sheet, what made it move south?
I understand the fire would remove the vegetation. Even without the fire, I would assume the ice could move south.

Is it the old saying about things running down hill?

I'm going to cover the impact in Video #2, but to answer your question...the shear force and energy of the initial impact would have been enough to send a "spray" of icy debris towards the East Coast of the US (and west towards Nebraska).

Think of it like shooting a rifle towards the ground at a low angle...except the bullet in this case is over a mile wide and moving around 111,000 mph!

Also, the fire evidence mentioned in the "Connecting the Dots" article I referenced earlier was found mostly around Europe and Asia from the same time-frame of this event that probably formed the Carolina Bays.

Artfuldodger

I did find the Lidar video interesting. A plane in a couple of hours with Lidar can find what it would take a team of men decades to find.

Weird but recently I was thinking most of the big stuff has already been discovered. The video tells me otherwise.

Then you think about when a plane crashes and how long it sometimes takes to find the crash. Even on land. So when you think about what may still lie undiscovered especially in jungles or underwater. Mind boggling.

Chum

I decided my original video was to long, so I spit it into two shorter and hopefully more digestible videos. I know if a video is longer than 10 minutes I tend to skip it, so...

Chum

Part 4: WHEN!?!, has been uploaded to YouTube and added to the list in the original post.

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this series.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Aint nothing but bream beds left exposed by dropping water. Seen it a million times. Yeah. they were bigger back then but what wasn't? No need for exotic explanations: asteroids, aliens, dinosaur poops. Move along.

Chum

I just added Part 5: The Younger Dryas.

The video series is really starting to take off! Thanks for watching!