List of ethanol-free gas stations

kbswear

There is always talk about the damage ethanol does to our outboards. I noticed Sinclair1 started a thread about ethanol free gas in Milledgeville. I didnt want to hi-jack his thread so i started another one. Someone over on BBC posted this link a few weeks back. I cant vouch for how accurate it is but here is the website:

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=GA

Bust-A-Hawg

That list is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. I know the Kroger stores in Macon have ethanol free gas. You can call the GA Dept of Agriculture and ask for fuels and measures. The state inspectors will (99% of the time) have an up to date list of all the gas stations in their respective areas and can tell you who has ethanol free gas.

tonyf

Thanks for posting that list. But I have to ask do you trust the station not to have ANY ethanol mixed in the tank? We have all heard the damage ethanol does to outboards.

sinclair1

Thanks for posting that list. But I have to ask do you trust the station not to have ANY ethanol mixed in the tank? We have all heard the damage ethanol does to outboards.
Good point, I wondered that myself. If theres still 500 gallons in the tank and they get a E free load ...can they put the sticker on there and charge the higher price. I hope someone will say they have strict guidelines ......;)

kbswear

To answer your question Tony....if I get gas that advertises ethanol free I'm still going to treat my gas. A little PM is cheaper than major major problems.

tonyf

I havnt used any of the gas stations listed so I can't say they charge more. Do they?

Two of the stations that are on the list and close to us were about 10 cents per gallon more then other places. This was about 1 week ago.

across the river

Can we make this a sticky? It would be nice to be able to go back and check it periodically without having to search for it.

Bust-A-Hawg

That list is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. I know the Kroger stores in Macon have ethanol free gas. You can call the GA Dept of Agriculture and ask for fuels and measures. The state inspectors will (99% of the time) have an up to date list of all the gas stations in their respective areas and can tell you who has ethanol free gas.

Digging up old thread but wanted to get out new information. I just talked to a guy in the fuels and measures division of GA Dept of Ag and he said that the Kroger stores in Macon are NO LONGER ETHANOL FREE there are now only 4 stores in Macon that have ethanol free gas but two of them are bad about having water in their gas. The only two reputable places left in the Macon area with ethanol free gas are the Sam's Club on Eisenhower Pkwy and Central GA Marina at Lake Tobesofkee.

rosewood

Not at Sams in Macon anymore

Just went to Sams 6/6/12 and there is now a label on their pump that says "may contain up to 10% ethanol". I have got to find a good place to get ethanol-free. I just went through a set of spark plugs in my 82 Gold Wing in only 3000 miles because it is running too lean with the ethanol. The EPA required them to put limiters on the mixture screw so you can't richen it up. So adjusting the mixture isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

UXO

The gas station on the way to Tobo has ethanol free gas. Or at least it did the last time I was up that way.

hiawassee1

we only have 1 small station in town(county for that matter) that is ethanol free, only thing I use in my truck, toys, and equipment. Up here this station is typically more expensive, but its not worth it to me, treated or untreated, not going to take a chance.
Finally convinced my wife(like that smiley face banging its head) to use it, she would comment that it was more expensive, I said for the $1.50 extra per tank, it may save it in the long run.

Zebco 33

They are getting ready to open the store next to me back up in a few weeks. They will have ethanol free.

rondv

Two Hi-tech stations in Rome have 100% gas 90 octane on separate pumps at the same price as high octane ethanol gas. The link has that right.