Pig #2 for 2017-Texas style

sawtooth

Well, I just got back from a hunt in TX. I was invited by some friends of mine to join them on a hog/Javalina hunt and MAN, was it fun! Texas is altogether different than what I'm used to-wide open and unforgiving. Every plant that grows there is just waiting to inflict puncture wounds all over your body. So, no slipping through the woods! I'm used to going after the hogs, they do it a little different in the Lone star state. You just sit there and let the pigs come to you. The javalinas didn't cooperate too well, I didn't see a lot of them. The ones I did see were unapproachable. Although they were upwind, they had to be stalked in the wide open and they can see a lot better than they are given credit for, or I'm a bad stalker, either way- I got busted continuously. Pigs are more my thing and I saw several of them. One black sow made the mistake of getting just a hair too close. When she got inside twenty yards I drew slowly and sent my arrow away. It caught her tight behind the shoulder and I knew when she left that she might as well be running toward the truck. I walked up on her forty yards away. I had a great time there in the prickly brush and wide open spaces of the Bowman McLean ranch, and given the chance I'll elect to return. Good food, good friends, good bowhunting. What can be better??

Martin X200 recurve
Douglas for arrow made by me
Zwickey Delta Brodhead.

Attachments

• tx 2017 7.jpg
    tx 2017 7.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 303
  • tx 2017 2.jpg
    tx 2017 2.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 304
  • tx 2017 4.jpg
    tx 2017 4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 308
  • tx 2017 6.jpg
    tx 2017 6.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 302

Clipper

Looks like a good hunt. Nice to see someone taking game. Congratulations.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Mighty fine Dendy!!!!!!!! Mighty fine!

That sure is a rag tag bunch of fellers........

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks for sharing..............Great story!

"She may as well have been running towards the truck!!"
:rofl::rofl::rofl::cool:

Barry Duggan

Good stuff Dendy. Although it's a mighty long way to go for a pig, it's good to see different dirt every now and then.

Allen Oliver

Good job D man! Did that ole hillbilly on the end do any good? If nothing else you heard some good tales with him around.:cheers: