• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 918

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I am not a biologists so I do not have a technical term for it. Playful sparring.

I use video and have seen several bucks pushing each other around, not violently, hitting each other's antlers. They do make a clicking sound much gentler than during and pre rut. It seems friendly. On my lease Buck Bachelor Groups have formed. Five or six bucks are traveling together. I poured corn out and had full cards. The Bucks have seemed to be friendly to each other, some have lost antlers some have not. It seems on my lease the bigger bucks lose their racks quickly. I have some spikes and small bucks who I have observed for over two weeks who seem to have antlers that are askew - it looks like they are about to fall off...but not quite. I am not sure if my discription gives it justice, but I think mass and leverage of a big rack helps a big buck drop sooner.

One particular series of videos that I found interesting was a small six point with both sides of his antlers intact was sparing with a Buck who have lost his antlers. The buck without antlers seemed more aggressive than the six pointer. He was pushing his forehead against the six pointer' head. Kinda interesting to watch. I was worried for the antler less buck losing an eye. But it seemed more playful than violent. Maybe "Rack Envy"?