Help Me ID points found in Metro Atlanta?

knoxvol

I live in Decatur too. Your quartz finds look like Swift Creek period stuff to me. I find a lot of stamped pottery shards. You should go to some of the Greater Atlanta Archeological Society meetings at FernBank. The president and vice-president are experts on local points. There are some good books on the Swift Creek culture on Amazon.
City of Decatur is a great place to live. It was rough twenty years ago, but is very safe now. The taxes are a killer though.

gravel bars in creeks! look for gravel around the same size, or larger, than the arrowheads you are looking to find. Though I will say, I have pulled points from pea gravel AND even a sand bar!

I'll have to look into the swift creek natives! Also the archaeological society would be so cool to be a member of, thx for the recommendation!

Fishing plummets

Refer to Antiquities of the Southern Indians, Publ D Appleton & Co, Author Charles C Jones Jr. First Edition 1873. Compilation of accounts by early explorers/surveyors/settlers (DeSoto, Bartram , etc). Ch XIV, Illustration plate XIX...Shows fishing weights that have the same holes drilled thru them as your mystery rocks. Natives fished with plummets & weirs (not rods or spears). Enjoyed viewing your collection! If you can get a copy of this book it is an excellent guide to Southern native American heritage, customs, artifacts, and our local history. Peachtree City, GA